Pattern Reviews> Other> Built by Wendy Blouse (Built by Wendy Blouse)

Reviewed by:oliveoyl45

About oliveoyl45star
ON CANADA
Member since: 11/22/06
Posted on:9/29/07 11:29 AM

jnamcd said... (9/30/07 6:35 PM) Reply
Love that fabric!
carolynw said... (9/30/07 11:03 AM) Reply
Love the blouse and the happy accident with the pleat - very nice. Guess we in Ontario are getting into the sleeves now although the weather has been spectacular so far!
quathy said... (9/29/07 8:04 PM) Reply
Wonderful shirt! I looked at the photos before reading your review, and was thinking to myself that I love the design of the blouse and how much I liked the back pleat... then I read the review and was surprised that the pleat wasn't in the original design. It looks great!
Seaspur said... (9/29/07 5:04 PM) Reply
Nice shirt! I had the same problem with the collar when I made this pattern. I ended up adding about 1/2" to the stand at the centre back and recutting it. Must be a pattern drafting error.
Speech girl said... (9/29/07 4:19 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse!
fuzzygalore said... (9/29/07 12:55 PM) Reply
You certainly should not have to stay-stitch the neck in a quilting cotton, it won't budge unless you really yank it. Measure your pattern pieces, and you'll probably find that they don't match. I like a center back pleat too, it does give a little play in the arms reaching forward. But it usually looks better when it comes from a yoke, not the collar. Here you may want to make neck darts instead, if your upper back is a bit round. Good-looking fabric though, and the result looks like it fits you nicely.
Sic said... (9/29/07 12:42 PM) Reply
Very cute! I think the unintentional pleat really looks nice (happy accident?).

Sewing Workshop Tosca Dress