Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8434 (MISSES' TOP, TUNIC, SKIRT AND)

Reviewed by:TammyD

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants    Skirts

sue oslo's mum said... (11/10/07 5:46 PM) Reply
Great top. I am about to make it in size 26 so a real help to see how it worked for you. I just made another Vogue wrap top and will get some photos to share. Is this the length on the pattern for the shorter version of the tunic? Well done - great to know there are some 'Big Birds' out there sewing. The UK seems to be a bit of a sewing flat spot at present.
seeinspotz said... (10/3/07 2:49 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this one. Your blouse is beautiful. I am going to get this one this weekend when vogue goes on sale. I will have to go undercover because the manager of Joanns here has banned me until I can prove that I have actually sewn something!! I am plus sized but pretty flat chested so I am hoping for the best!!
Kellie R. said... (10/2/07 9:14 PM) Reply
This style is very flattering on you! The color is a great choice too! Great job!
SillyValley said... (10/2/07 2:51 PM) Reply
That is gorgeous! And I know what you mean about the ties. I'm little in the middle compared to my other parts like you. I think that tie and wrap tops seem to not drape or lie down on curves the way they do on the rectangle bodies.
TammyD said... (10/2/07 2:11 PM) Reply
TammyD said... (10/2/07 2:03 PM) Reply
Thank ya'll--And IsabelleB if you want some, I have some bust to share if you can figure out how to get it from one to ther other! Although I've looked at some of your pictures--you'd look wonderful in this top!!
SueV said... (10/2/07 1:51 PM) Reply
wow, it looks very nice on you! great job
Kitty Couture said... (10/2/07 1:44 PM) Reply
Wow, that IS beautiful! And you look fabulous in it. I've been looking for pretty wrap tops - you know, there are so many out there but which one is really good? That one certainly is! Although, it would look much less good on me because I haven't got enough bust to make it look as feminine as you do. Thank you for the helpful review.
Izzie said... (10/2/07 1:23 PM) Reply
Great Blouse! Both the style and color are very flattering on you.
Irene Q said... (10/2/07 10:33 AM) Reply
This looks great on you!
Hilary said... (10/2/07 8:52 AM) Reply
Very pretty! This is feminine and flattering on you. You make ties the same way I do-I hate turning those skinny little things! Great idea to use starch on less cooperative fabrics :o) Thanks for the review!
Tall Mary said... (10/1/07 4:10 PM) Reply
I bought that same pattern and am also plus-sized. It looked stylish and as if it would cover some of my fluff. Since I read your review I will have to make at least one. Thanks for the review.

by: LM2HYD