Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8434 (MISSES' TOP, TUNIC, SKIRT AND)

Reviewed by:TammyD

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants    Skirts
sue oslo's mum said... (11/10/07 5:46 PM) Reply
Great top. I am about to make it in size 26 so a real help to see how it worked for you. I just made another Vogue wrap top and will get some photos to share. Is this the length on the pattern for the shorter version of the tunic? Well done - great to know there are some 'Big Birds' out there sewing. The UK seems to be a bit of a sewing flat spot at present.
seeinspotz said... (10/3/07 2:49 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this one. Your blouse is beautiful. I am going to get this one this weekend when vogue goes on sale. I will have to go undercover because the manager of Joanns here has banned me until I can prove that I have actually sewn something!! I am plus sized but pretty flat chested so I am hoping for the best!!
Kellie R. said... (10/2/07 9:14 PM) Reply
This style is very flattering on you! The color is a great choice too! Great job!
SillyValley said... (10/2/07 2:51 PM) Reply
That is gorgeous! And I know what you mean about the ties. I'm little in the middle compared to my other parts like you. I think that tie and wrap tops seem to not drape or lie down on curves the way they do on the rectangle bodies.
TammyD said... (10/2/07 2:11 PM) Reply
TammyD said... (10/2/07 2:03 PM) Reply
Thank ya'll--And IsabelleB if you want some, I have some bust to share if you can figure out how to get it from one to ther other! Although I've looked at some of your pictures--you'd look wonderful in this top!!
SueV said... (10/2/07 1:51 PM) Reply
wow, it looks very nice on you! great job
Kitty Couture said... (10/2/07 1:44 PM) Reply
Wow, that IS beautiful! And you look fabulous in it. I've been looking for pretty wrap tops - you know, there are so many out there but which one is really good? That one certainly is! Although, it would look much less good on me because I haven't got enough bust to make it look as feminine as you do. Thank you for the helpful review.
Izzie said... (10/2/07 1:23 PM) Reply
Great Blouse! Both the style and color are very flattering on you.
Irene Q said... (10/2/07 10:33 AM) Reply
This looks great on you!
Hilary said... (10/2/07 8:52 AM) Reply
Very pretty! This is feminine and flattering on you. You make ties the same way I do-I hate turning those skinny little things! Great idea to use starch on less cooperative fabrics :o) Thanks for the review!
Tall Mary said... (10/1/07 4:10 PM) Reply
I bought that same pattern and am also plus-sized. It looked stylish and as if it would cover some of my fluff. Since I read your review I will have to make at least one. Thanks for the review.

by: KarlaB

by: moseley de...

You Sew Girl 300mm Square Snap PATTERN ONLY Pattern

You Sew Girl 300mm Square Snap PATTERN ONLY Pattern

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)