Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4116 (Turban, Headwrap and Caps)

Reviewed by:Rita123

About Rita123
FL USA
Member since: 1/27/04
Posted on:10/8/07 3:09 PM
Last Updated:10/19/07 10:09 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories
Judy Kski said... (7/2/14 1:36 AM) Reply
I know this comment may be too late, but the instructions specify 1/2" seam allowances. When I made my View G turban, there seemed to be a lot of extra room inside the cap. I believe that is intentional.
Speech girl said... (10/20/07 4:46 PM) Reply
You are so kind to make this lovely turban for your neighbor. Thanks for the review.
Peggy L said... (10/10/07 10:12 AM) Reply
This turned out so nicely! Love the fall fabric you chose. I'm sure your neighbor will be thrilled. Great entry for the Charity Contest.
illinicrna said... (10/8/07 8:29 PM) Reply
Rita. . . nice job! I am using this pattern for chemo caps for a friend as well. AND, we may be in the same city.
jessika said... (10/8/07 6:08 PM) Reply
What a wonderful gift to give. Perfect for fall with fall colors.
Annette1 said... (10/8/07 4:46 PM) Reply
Oooo, how pretty! I know your friend will love this. I made one like this for a friend, as well, and it was her favorite. I put fleece in around the part that goes around the face and, for that matter, you could do that in the cap too, to kind of fill it out, now that I think about it. Also, a hairdresser who works with a lot of chemo patients told me this. It sounds weird, but she said if they want to fill out the cap around their face, you can stick sanitary pads either to the head or the cap and they work great. That's pretty inventive. :o) Your cap is beautiful. Anyone going through chemo would be very grateful to have it.
Rita123 said... (10/8/07 4:31 PM) Reply
Thank you for the kind comments. :-)
HeyJane said... (10/8/07 4:00 PM) Reply
That's a beautiful fabric and the stitching looks perfect. Who cares what the instructions said, you did it better. I'm proud of you for donating the caps.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (10/8/07 3:53 PM) Reply
Hi Rita123! What a pretty, thoughtful gift. You could enter it in the Sewing for Charity contest...

Simplicity 1948