Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 2718 (Misses' Fitting Shell)

Reviewed by:yorkshire lass

About yorkshire lassstarstar
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 3/23/06
Posted on:10/10/07 11:37 AM
Last Updated:10/10/07 11:37 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 49 people
Syltin said... (6/16/14 6:32 AM) Reply
Exactly what I needed, thank you very much for this detailed review!
pinkli said... (4/16/14 3:31 PM) Reply
Very interesting to read the comparison of the two. Thank you for such an informed review.
mnitts said... (11/7/12 6:46 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for this review. It was exactly what I was looking for. Wonderful!
mnitts said... (11/7/12 6:46 PM) Reply
prostheticsgirl said... (10/30/12 1:23 PM) Reply
Amazing review! I'm going to buy the McCalls sloper now and work through it with FFRP as a guide. I'm looking forward to really identifying what issues I have that are previously undiscovered but are preventing a perfect fit
Gendun said... (6/17/12 4:16 PM) Reply
I'm with Blue Mooney: This review is way out beyond any other review I've read. I hope you know just how helpful it is! (smiles widely) THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Scheri said... (2/19/11 3:31 PM) Reply
OMG I was going to do the same things. Vogue 1004 McCalls 2718 & Butterick 6092. You saved me a bunch on monies, time & stress. Hats of to you!
Moxie Carol said... (1/4/11 10:08 PM) Reply
What a thorough and helpful review. I have FFRP and took a 1/2-day pants-fitting class from Marta Alto last summer at a sewing expo. I'm thinking about doing the Palmer/Pletsch Fit seminar in Portland this summer. Your review makes me think I'd get a lot out of it if I order this pattern now and go through this fitting process so I can learn about my body, which has changed so much in the last few years! Thank you again for taking the time.
pjhoff said... (12/25/10 10:02 PM) Reply
thanks.
emcrorie said... (10/19/09 9:43 AM) Reply
thank you! You just saved me time and money :)
merteuil said... (7/28/08 8:39 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for writng such a wonderfully detailed review! I just bought FFRP, and was wondering which fitting shell to order.
lendube said... (6/4/08 9:46 PM) Reply
What a wonderful review you've taken the time to write. I've got FFRP and my next step is to buy this pattern. I'll be reading this review over carefully once again when I do. Thank you so much. You've helped many people. And your pup's adorable. I've got a few myself!
Sherbie said... (3/15/08 12:52 PM) Reply
Thank you very much for the awesome review! I'm new to sewing and have just read FFRP. I want to try this but am so intimidated! I have some physical issues that are without doubt going to require alteration off the standard, so I need to go through this process. You've helped me so much! Thank you again! :-)
ElizabethDee said... (1/10/08 8:46 AM) Reply
I can't thank you enough. Your review has saved me so much labor (and tears, too) -- I've just gotten FFRP and been thinking about which fit pattern to get, never having used a McCalls pattern. I'm still scared to try it, but you've spared me at least half a dozen missteps. Thanks!
Sanibelle said... (10/13/07 2:54 AM) Reply
What a fantastic fantastic review. Thank you for comparing the two in such detail!
Grammy Gin said... (10/11/07 12:28 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for such a detailed review. Just reading about the Vogue pattern was confusing to me, yet alone trying to make it. Whew!
KarenUK said... (10/11/07 8:04 AM) Reply
Thank you, thank you, thank you! You've helped me decide which pattern company to use for this - I've been putting it off for ages but I know it's a process I need to go through too. No pain, no gain as they say. I think I'm a similar build to you too so your comments will be especially helpful - hope this helps you with your future projects.
pt6356 said... (10/11/07 7:30 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for the detailed review. My twenty-something daughters both live out of state now, so making slopers for them over the Christmas break sounds like a great idea!
blue mooney said... (10/10/07 6:14 PM) Reply
This review deserves a category all its own. Thank you so much for your insights!
AnneFromLambourn said... (10/10/07 5:09 PM) Reply
Very thorough and helpful - thanks!

by: petro

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)