Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 2718 (Misses' Fitting Shell)

Reviewed by:yorkshire lass

About yorkshire lassstarstar
Member since: 3/23/06
Posted on:10/10/07 11:37 AM
Last Updated:10/10/07 11:37 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 52 people

Syltin said... (6/16/14 6:32 AM) Reply
Exactly what I needed, thank you very much for this detailed review!
pinkli said... (4/16/14 3:31 PM) Reply
Very interesting to read the comparison of the two. Thank you for such an informed review.
mnitts said... (11/7/12 6:46 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for this review. It was exactly what I was looking for. Wonderful!
mnitts said... (11/7/12 6:46 PM) Reply
prostheticsgirl said... (10/30/12 1:23 PM) Reply
Amazing review! I'm going to buy the McCalls sloper now and work through it with FFRP as a guide. I'm looking forward to really identifying what issues I have that are previously undiscovered but are preventing a perfect fit
Gendun said... (6/17/12 4:16 PM) Reply
I'm with Blue Mooney: This review is way out beyond any other review I've read. I hope you know just how helpful it is! (smiles widely) THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Scheri said... (2/19/11 3:31 PM) Reply
OMG I was going to do the same things. Vogue 1004 McCalls 2718 & Butterick 6092. You saved me a bunch on monies, time & stress. Hats of to you!
Moxie Carol said... (1/4/11 10:08 PM) Reply
What a thorough and helpful review. I have FFRP and took a 1/2-day pants-fitting class from Marta Alto last summer at a sewing expo. I'm thinking about doing the Palmer/Pletsch Fit seminar in Portland this summer. Your review makes me think I'd get a lot out of it if I order this pattern now and go through this fitting process so I can learn about my body, which has changed so much in the last few years! Thank you again for taking the time.
pjhoff said... (12/25/10 10:02 PM) Reply
emcrorie said... (10/19/09 9:43 AM) Reply
thank you! You just saved me time and money :)
merteuil said... (7/28/08 8:39 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for writng such a wonderfully detailed review! I just bought FFRP, and was wondering which fitting shell to order.
lendube said... (6/4/08 9:46 PM) Reply
What a wonderful review you've taken the time to write. I've got FFRP and my next step is to buy this pattern. I'll be reading this review over carefully once again when I do. Thank you so much. You've helped many people. And your pup's adorable. I've got a few myself!
Sherbie said... (3/15/08 12:52 PM) Reply
Thank you very much for the awesome review! I'm new to sewing and have just read FFRP. I want to try this but am so intimidated! I have some physical issues that are without doubt going to require alteration off the standard, so I need to go through this process. You've helped me so much! Thank you again! :-)
ElizabethDee said... (1/10/08 8:46 AM) Reply
I can't thank you enough. Your review has saved me so much labor (and tears, too) -- I've just gotten FFRP and been thinking about which fit pattern to get, never having used a McCalls pattern. I'm still scared to try it, but you've spared me at least half a dozen missteps. Thanks!
Sanibelle said... (10/13/07 2:54 AM) Reply
What a fantastic fantastic review. Thank you for comparing the two in such detail!
Grammy Gin said... (10/11/07 12:28 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for such a detailed review. Just reading about the Vogue pattern was confusing to me, yet alone trying to make it. Whew!
KarenUK said... (10/11/07 8:04 AM) Reply
Thank you, thank you, thank you! You've helped me decide which pattern company to use for this - I've been putting it off for ages but I know it's a process I need to go through too. No pain, no gain as they say. I think I'm a similar build to you too so your comments will be especially helpful - hope this helps you with your future projects.
pt6356 said... (10/11/07 7:30 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for the detailed review. My twenty-something daughters both live out of state now, so making slopers for them over the Christmas break sounds like a great idea!
blue mooney said... (10/10/07 6:14 PM) Reply
This review deserves a category all its own. Thank you so much for your insights!
AnneFromLambourn said... (10/10/07 5:09 PM) Reply
Very thorough and helpful - thanks!

by: Jemajyng