Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 7672 (OOP) (Swimsuit)

Reviewed by:PatCSM

About PatCSMstar
Member since: 5/8/07
Posted on:10/13/07 5:59 AM
Last Updated:10/13/07 5:59 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
Mufffet said... (8/10/09 4:06 PM) Reply
Nice work. A swim suit is something I haven't thought about sewing since 1971. I did a cotton one then. You have done a nice job.
Annette1 said... (10/16/07 7:54 PM) Reply
This really looks nice on you! Your persistence paid off. :o)
mssewcrazy said... (10/14/07 8:05 AM) Reply
I meant to make this dress/jacket for late summer special occasions but got no sewing done. I was sort of thinking of a built in bra or strapless underneath for really cool special occasion wear. I figured if it could be a swimdress ,it would be cool when the heat is on. I have collected some of these Mary Duffy oop patterns to perhaps try.
CynthiaSue said... (10/14/07 1:51 AM) Reply
beautiful princess seams love the criss cross back. people aspire to work with lycra and make swimwear. good job! cute suit!
Marilyn N. said... (10/14/07 0:45 AM) Reply
The finished suit looks very nice. Congratulations on your persistence, the results were worth it!
fuzzygalore said... (10/13/07 2:51 PM) Reply
Oh! Really, next time, use one of the Kwik Sew patterns, they have at least a couple with skirts and you'll find they fit you much better. You shouldn't have to deal with a suit pattern made for woven fabrics! This is just too archaic. I agree sometimes you need to wing the instructions, but if you aren't very experienced it helps to have some that work. It's amazing this looks so good on you :-)
mary in FL said... (10/13/07 10:03 AM) Reply
You did a great job! Your side view shows that you raised the lower front of the arm hole so the girls won't fall out. Your use of snaps is a very clever idea; I don't think I've ever heard of that before. Your patience really paid off!
RuthieSews said... (10/13/07 9:33 AM) Reply
Well adapted to make what you needed, and well done for working on it all summer, I tend to junk those projects!
mastdenman said... (10/13/07 9:25 AM) Reply
It's a good looking swim dress. Much better than the design photo.
mssewcrazy said... (10/13/07 8:27 AM) Reply
I have this pattern in the 18-24 range. I liked its easy jacket and decided if I ever had to don another swimsuit since the weight gain this would be a good one to try. I plan to make the jacket for the first time next spring - who knows I might get brave and decide to do the swim suit. Thanks for posting. It is hard to find a modest suit that fits well for plus size people that is not in some mumu print.

Pin-up Girls 8230