Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 09-2007-117 (tulip sheath dress)

Reviewed by:Erica B.

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 19 people

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

trexx said... (7/17/08 12:01 PM) Reply
I have attempted to get this pattern foreverrrrrr!!! How can I get this?
Michele19 said... (4/18/08 7:52 PM) Reply
the dress is smashing, what a great color on you.
rallmeida said... (1/18/08 8:57 AM) Reply
looks great! the color is great on you and the fit is perfect!
Dei said... (12/2/07 0:09 AM) Reply
Erica, You are a wealth of information. I just bought my first BWOF magazine and I am excited to try some of the patterns, especially after seeing your fabulous-as-usual results. Great color choice and the omission of the collar was a wise decision because the dress totally compliments you.
Dei said... (12/2/07 0:08 AM) Reply
Erica, You are a wealth of information. I just bought my first BWOF magazine and I am excited to try some of the patterns, especially after seeing your fabulous-as-usual results. Great color choice and the omission of the collar was wise decision because the dress totally compliments you.
jjc said... (10/19/07 8:40 PM) Reply
Great results on the dress. The fabric and color are wonderful.
gatorgirl4325 said... (10/19/07 12:17 PM) Reply
As usual, your interpretation ROCKS! Congratulations on BWOF!
OP Gal said... (10/17/07 6:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress, and it looks wonderful on you. Wonderful job as usual.
Deb Thompson said... (10/17/07 2:41 PM) Reply
Per usual - stunning! I love everything you make! Like you, I've wasted years of sewing before realizing how fantastic Burda patterns go together! congrats on your first Burda - I can't wait to see your next burda creation
Annette1 said... (10/16/07 6:58 PM) Reply
Very nice! (I'm a Burda fan, too, especially of their pants and jackets ... so well designed.) You look smashing in your dress. :o)
carolineG said... (10/16/07 11:34 AM) Reply
I love how everyones version of this dress is so different --- yours looks fantastic!
Fran G said... (10/16/07 7:39 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress..the color is gorgeous! I am loving BWOF more & more. The tracing of the patterns put me off for years, too, but I have now come to almost enjoy it! It helps me understand how the pattern fits together. Nice work, Erica!
Danvillegirl said... (10/16/07 5:12 AM) Reply
This is becoming a popular dress! Like that you made it from jersey and looks good without the collar.
Tany said... (10/16/07 4:30 AM) Reply
Lovely! Your work is amazingly perfect! And that color suits you so well!
narcissaqtpie said... (10/15/07 8:34 PM) Reply
Wow!
Leora said... (10/15/07 7:25 PM) Reply
This is a great silhouette on you! Lovely, Erica.
GorgeousFabrics said... (10/15/07 4:39 PM) Reply
Wow, that is fabulous! I have this issue. I may just have to pull it out and trace off that pattern.
EdnaW said... (10/15/07 4:12 PM) Reply
Looking good, as usual!!
Levone said... (10/15/07 2:19 PM) Reply
Fantastic looking dress! Way to go for just jumping right in there....great job!
Hilary said... (10/15/07 1:40 PM) Reply
I *LOVE* your dress!! The color is fantastic, and looks so incredible on you, and WOW! How cool that yours is similar to the one in your inspiration file :D only better of course!!
LindsayT said... (10/15/07 1:18 PM) Reply
Okay me too, gotta try BWOF. This dress and your endorsement sold me.
Mahogany Stylist said... (10/15/07 12:05 PM) Reply
I love your dress. The color is great on you.
loohoo44 said... (10/15/07 11:06 AM) Reply
Love it! You got a great fit, love all the details and the neckline looks great on you.
cmarie12 said... (10/15/07 10:44 AM) Reply
Congrats on finding success with your first BWOF! This is a nice dress!
Christina Sonja said... (10/15/07 10:02 AM) Reply
So I think it's safe to say that you hit a home run with your first BWOF project. Fabulous...!
Nancy K said... (10/15/07 9:57 AM) Reply
I knew you'd love BWOF! This looks great on you and I am so glad a curvier girl finally reviewed this dress. I like it without the collar too. I think it's probably more becoming to bustier women. Looks fab on you.
SandraB said... (10/15/07 9:51 AM) Reply
This dress is very flattering on you and the colour is great.
snowey said... (10/15/07 8:57 AM) Reply
Hey Girl that dress looks fabulous, I mean FABULOUS
Ingiepops said... (10/15/07 8:21 AM) Reply
Ha, once you get hooked on Burda, there's no going back! If I ever feel down in the sewing dumps I just get some out and get inspired. This dress looks fab, the colour is great on you.
Babs42 said... (10/15/07 8:14 AM) Reply
Love this!! You look great in it and the color is fab. I can't wait to get my subscription. I hope it comes soon!
Sic said... (10/15/07 8:10 AM) Reply
I love the collar alteration! Gorgeous dress - I like it better than the inspiration!
MissCelie said... (10/15/07 8:01 AM) Reply
That color just makes this dress POP. You look amazing. Welcome to the world of BWOF!!
xtreme1 said... (10/15/07 7:41 AM) Reply
I think that will turn heads for sure. You've made it so well.
Ronda Rae said... (10/15/07 7:23 AM) Reply
Add me to one of those who you convinced to try the Burda Mag. This dress is gorgeous and the color is to die for. Waiting for an occasion? Every day we live is an occasion!
Lori V said... (10/15/07 7:06 AM) Reply
Fantastic dress.
LauraLo said... (10/15/07 7:00 AM) Reply
Great dress, Erica! I love how it looks on you, I love that you gave up that collar and I also love that purple/fuchsia colour!
Linda G said... (10/15/07 6:22 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress. I love the color and I really do like it collarless, I think the pleat detail shows more.
squirrellypoo said... (10/15/07 5:55 AM) Reply
I'm loving the colour! It looks fantastic on you...
So So said... (10/15/07 5:43 AM) Reply
Thanks for makingh this dress and reviewing it! Previus reviews were made by smaller busted sewwers so I to wasa bit unsure.soglad you stuck with it and did not let your muslin put youoff. Just goes to show. What a fantastic colour. Very very NOW And even more WOW!
fuzzygalore said... (10/15/07 5:20 AM) Reply
Really no FBA? And this looks very good on you, the only thing stopping me so far was the build of the ones who've done it before. Can't believe you've let tracing stop you from BWOF though, it's so easy... And do you have a rotary cutter with an adjustable guide arm, so you don't need to add a seam allowance? Burda are such idiots not to publicize this..
Shelia in Alaska said... (10/15/07 3:44 AM) Reply
Once again you've done a fabulous job!! The dress looks wonderful on you and I love the pleating details. I sure wish I had this issue of BWOF!
Vonnevo said... (10/15/07 3:33 AM) Reply
Congratulations Erica !!! Beautiful dress. I see a few Dior lookalikes in the last few issues of BWOF too.
SillyValley said... (10/15/07 3:07 AM) Reply
Well Erica, your creation is the one that put me over the top. I'm doing it. I'm subscribing, tracing and all. This is gorgeous on you by the way...

Ottobre Design Magazine 06-2007-30