Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5466 (Dress)

Reviewed by:mlsews

About mlsewsstar
CA
Member since: 9/6/07
Posted on:10/16/07 7:16 PM

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

gatorgirl4325 said... (10/19/07 12:05 PM) Reply
I really like the way this dress looks on you. You really worked at making it fit - wear it! You will be fabulous!
mlsews said... (10/18/07 12:50 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the positive feedback. Squeezylemon, I'm hoping you're right.
Kellie R. said... (10/17/07 8:58 PM) Reply
This turned out really nice! After reading the first few lines, I clicked on the project photo and thought "huh? This looks great!" I've nearly bought this pattern a couple of times and think I may want to try it.
Danvillegirl said... (10/17/07 8:35 PM) Reply
I think your redoing the skirt has made this a wearable dress.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (10/17/07 3:39 PM) Reply
I think this dress looks, very lovely on you, sorry for the pain to get it made! I plan to make it too, love those bodice pleats, thanks for all your warnings and tips !
Squeezylemon said... (10/17/07 6:18 AM) Reply
Lovely dress on you! Can I give you my favourite tip? When you've had so much trouble making something, lock it away in a wardrobe somewhere and bring it out in a few weeks time when the pain of making it has faded....... and hey presto a new outfit to enjoy!
KathleenS said... (10/17/07 5:32 AM) Reply
I think it looks nice. Like you, I really like the pleat detail on the bodice (but not the skirt!). You did a good job on reworking the skirt.
ladybegood said... (10/16/07 7:29 PM) Reply
Once you are over the frustration of the dress, I think you should definitely wear it; it is v. flattering, IMO. Thanks for the info re: the skirt. Normally, I'd just do the a-line skirt, but as a 'serious pear' w/out too much of a tummy, I think I might actually try the pleated skirt (in muslin tho, just to be safe).
Linda G said... (10/16/07 7:28 PM) Reply
Thank you for your review. I bought this pattern on a 99 cent sale and the belly pleats bothered me along with the fact that I am a B cup and would have to do a FBA which has been challenging my mind with the pleats. I probably will let this pattern sit around for a long time after reading your review. Your final product looks good but the work to get there!!! I suppose I could look around in my stash for a pattern with a straight skirt with darts.

Sewing Workshop Now & Zen Shirts Pattern

Sewing Workshop Now & Zen Shirts Pattern

Sew Chic Contance Dress Pattern (ln8404)

Sew Chic Contance Dress Pattern (ln8404)