Online Sewing Class: All About Linings

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2980 (Today's Fit Bolero Top)

Reviewed by:rosannec

About rosannecstar
Member since: 7/9/06
Posted on:10/17/07 8:45 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
JudiBee2 said... (12/19/07 3:15 PM) Reply
That's a great review. I love the way the bargain made you so happy. I guess we all love Joann's bargain bin!
katyusha said... (10/25/07 12:40 PM) Reply
Stunning.
zora said... (10/22/07 6:02 AM) Reply
This is gorgeous! I love this style!
ChristineX said... (10/20/07 8:54 PM) Reply
Sexy!! I love animal prints too!
ryan's mom said... (10/18/07 7:15 PM) Reply
Wow! I love your version. The pattern never called out to me, but your top is fab! It should be on the pattern cover.
rosannec said... (10/18/07 2:53 PM) Reply
Oh! I was also thinking about this pattern today and realize that we can solve the bra strap/no-strap issue. Because the fabric is rather loose where the shoulders cross in front of the bodice top, it would be easy to add a snap at the corner to hid a bra strap if you don't wear strapless. And thanks for all your great comments!
DorothyK said... (10/18/07 12:01 PM) Reply
Looks great on you. It's interesting to see it with short sleeves. I just made the pattern also and will publish my review shortly. I share your enthusiasm for the pattern.
Kath in ON said... (10/18/07 8:13 AM) Reply
Love it! I'm definitely going to buy this pattern now...Like you, I'm a sucker for the perfect animal print...
Membear said... (10/18/07 3:32 AM) Reply
you look great in it I always feel very naughty even thinking abpout animal prints!!
Annette1 said... (10/18/07 0:57 AM) Reply
VERY flattering on you, and you're right, it WOULD make a nice dress. :o)
yummymummy38 said... (10/18/07 0:55 AM) Reply
looks lovely, I bought a RTW jersy dress with a similar bodice, although it was a surplice princess wrap and empire seamed if that makes sense. I am very tempted to buy this pattern and turn it into a dress.
Lori V said... (10/17/07 11:42 PM) Reply
Your top looks fantastic
xtreme1 said... (10/17/07 10:54 PM) Reply
This wonderful top looks like the pattern designer had you in mind when drafting it.
Athene said... (10/17/07 10:37 PM) Reply
I just love the look of your version. Thank you for the review.
amyb said... (10/17/07 10:13 PM) Reply
That top does look better that on the envelope love it! It is going to make a gorgeous dress. Add a belt, and you'll have a knit version of the Mouret Galaxy dress. Had no idea that the Today's Fit patterns would look so fabulous!
MelissaB in WA said... (10/17/07 9:58 PM) Reply
That is an awesome top! I wish I would have cut mine a size B like you - maybe I will just bite the bullet and buy another pattern. I love that print too - va va voom! :-)
Kaitlinnegan said... (10/17/07 9:44 PM) Reply
Your top looks great! You've solved my sizing dilemma - I'd been debating if I needed to go up a size since some reviewers said it was too small, but I think I'll go with the recommended size.
carolynw said... (10/17/07 9:30 PM) Reply
This is lovely - I have the pattern not used yet but for sure I do not have your beautiful figure - you look wonderful in this!!
Sharon M said... (10/17/07 9:29 PM) Reply
Love it! I always check the remnant bin at Joann's - I've made a few tees and a few pencil skirts out remnants. Aren't you glad you picked this one up? It works great in this top and the top looks great on you
cindy-lou said... (10/17/07 8:54 PM) Reply
That is one sweet top. I love it!
swing like a girl said... (10/17/07 8:51 PM) Reply
Love the fabric and the pattern. Looks great.

Favorite Things The Classic Shirt Pattern