Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8162 (cape)

Reviewed by:Linda G

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 9 people

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Birgitte said... (8/15/08 9:56 PM) Reply
You look fantastic in this cape, very sophisticated.
Marji said... (8/15/08 2:25 PM) Reply
Your warm cape and your plaid match are both gorgeous. I just finished this for my sister, and honestly had no intention of making one for me, but yours and Lindsay's have me reconsidering. I love the way this pattern is drafted and sits on me, from trying my sisters on.
Rita123 said... (10/19/07 6:37 PM) Reply
Beautiful!!! I want one. :o)
Harriet Rogers said... (10/19/07 12:46 PM) Reply
Love your cape, and I think an "outfit" of a skirt and blue sweater would be fabulous...not 60's at all. Thanks for wonderful review: love the flannel details.
ALY said... (10/18/07 7:23 PM) Reply
Great looking cape Linda, It sounds wonderfully warm and cozy.
sweetviolets said... (10/18/07 6:57 PM) Reply
Linda, your cape is just gorgeous. You have inspired me to move that pattern to the top of the stack and get busy!
sweetviolets said... (10/18/07 6:56 PM) Reply
Sharon M said... (10/18/07 4:11 PM) Reply
This is fantastic! I didn't think I was the least bit interested in owning a cape but your review just changed my mind! I LOVE this!
Elemenopeo said... (10/18/07 9:29 AM) Reply
Very nice - it's hard to find pretty but warm coats for this climate up here.
LindsayT said... (10/18/07 9:02 AM) Reply
I made this same cape pattern too! One of these days the weather might get cold enough here in NY so I can actually wear it (darn this global warming!). I love capes, and your version is fabulous, but the only problem with them is that you can't carry a shoulder bag while wearing one. The cape gets all bunched up and it ruins the line of something you've worked hard to make. But hopefully that won't be an issue for you. Enjoy your beautiful cape!
carolynw said... (10/18/07 8:44 AM) Reply
WOW! This is so eye catching - you look wonderful in it. I made it last year - like you found the neck too high - am about to make it again.
marjenann said... (10/18/07 8:07 AM) Reply
Wow that is really a top notch look!!! I love it! Perfect for a wardrobe builder!!!
MissCelie said... (10/18/07 7:56 AM) Reply
OMG this is gorgeous. Wow. And you can't beat the cost! This looks like the stuff I'm seeing in magazines and stores right now. Not to 60s at all!
xtreme1 said... (10/18/07 7:44 AM) Reply
It looks lovely on you and beautifully sewn.
inkstain said... (10/18/07 4:32 AM) Reply
Thank you so much. I bought this pattern, but as I live in Switzerland, it begged to be lined and you confirm my suspicion that it will drape better that way. I never thought of interlining as well, but you made this interesting woven really work by stabilizing it that way. Now I'm ready to go ahead, although my choice will be less Nordstrom and more Jurassienne forest! I think I'll do four buttons, too. This is really a big help. btw, I wouldn't do a plaid skirt--too matchy, matchy but a solid skirt would be more slimming. Thanks again,
Annette1 said... (10/18/07 0:43 AM) Reply
I just noticed something else (me and my virtual magnifying glass): Look how neat the plaid lays on the bias on the "sleeves." Very nice! Not only that, it JUST SO HAPPENS I have some pretty brown/red plaid wool coating coming from Fashion Fabrics Club. :o)
Annette1 said... (10/18/07 0:41 AM) Reply
Oh, Linda, I love this! Your photo site is down for maintenance right now, dang it all, so I'm peering at it with my virtual magnifying glass -- ha! I can't wait to see the bigger picture. That does it: You've inspired me to make this cape. I'm always afraid a cape won't look good on me, since I'm big busted, but I don't care, I'm going to try it anyway. What I like about this is it kind of gives the impression that it is a jacket with lots of design ease. I love it. Plus, very good idea, cutting a 16 in the back and 12 in the front. I'm going to do that as well on mine! Thanks for the inspiration. Yours will be so nice and cozy. I need that too here in Nebraska.
sandrasdaughter said... (10/17/07 11:18 PM) Reply
Very nice - Comfy and chic !

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)

Jeans for Real People DVD Set