Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3789 3990 (Khaliah Ali - Misses Shirts)

Reviewed by:Sew Shy

About Sew Shystar
Member since: 5/22/07
Posted on:10/27/07 1:32 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
Bettsi said... (2/27/08 6:20 PM) Reply
It looks beautiful on you!
Sew Shy said... (10/30/07 12:14 PM) Reply
Leora, I put in an invisible zipper, so I actually didn't sew the seam at the armhole until the zipper was in. It turned out great! I also put it on the side that I was more comfortable zipping up on (my left) - I don't remember which the pattern stated. Same for the bodice crossover. I liked the way it looked going to one side more than the other, so did that instead.
Puddin Pop said... (10/30/07 12:02 PM) Reply
You did a nice job and it looks great on you.
Leora said... (10/29/07 6:23 PM) Reply
Okay, I like yours so much I went and pulled this pattern out. Did you do the zipper the way they instruct? Your top is so nice! Congrats on your first review and welcome to PR!!!
Sew Shy said... (10/29/07 5:55 PM) Reply
Thanks for all your comments! Patti, you're right, after all the struggle, it should become a TNT pattern for me. I actually have a fabric in mind for another one, but am not ready to commit to it yet. Also procrastinating on my next project ...
Sew Shy said... (10/29/07 4:43 PM) Reply
Annette1 said... (10/28/07 6:34 PM) Reply
Well, wouldn't we all love to have such a nice-fitting blouse? This couldn't be any more flattering if you tried! I think I have this pattern ... SOMEWHERE. You've encouraged me to go on a search-and-destroy (minus the "destroy" part, that is). Great review!
Patti B said... (10/28/07 3:13 PM) Reply
You are so right that at least half the battle is starting with the right size! Your top looks lovely and could definitely become a TNT pattern for you.
frame said... (10/27/07 3:47 PM) Reply
Very nice fit. I like your fabric, great find.
Kaitlinnegan said... (10/27/07 2:13 PM) Reply
Great top! Looks like it fits you very well - sounds like your hard work was worth it. I might have to try this pattern...once I get a few more projects done. :)
michellep74 said... (10/27/07 1:51 PM) Reply
I have this pattern, but haven't attempted it yet. Your version looks great on you--the fit is great!
Rita123 said... (10/22/07 12:09 PM) Reply
I really like the style of this pattern. Thank you for sharing the review. Nice job!! Oh, and good for you for finding the great fabric bargain!! Wonderful. . .
wifarmkid said... (10/22/07 9:58 AM) Reply
Nice job! I too found that I took a cup size smaller than I measured in this pattern. In my case I measured a C cup but ended up using the B cup pattern pieces. It is a lovely pattern and looks great in different fabrics - good luck on your next sewing adventure!
merry-one said... (10/22/07 8:06 AM) Reply
Very nice!
carolynw said... (10/22/07 7:52 AM) Reply
I really like this top on you - a perfect fit - the muslins sure paid off.
Hilary said... (10/22/07 6:51 AM) Reply
Very nice blouse!! It looks like it fits very well :o)
Blooms said... (10/22/07 6:32 AM) Reply
Lovely job, looks like it fits well
Dmd4106 said... (10/22/07 2:20 AM) Reply
duplicate post
Dmd4106 said... (10/22/07 2:20 AM) Reply
Great job. Appreciate the review.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (10/22/07 1:45 AM) Reply
Your final version looks well worth the trouble. It's very flattering with the princess seams. Nice job.

Sis Boom Angie Dress