Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2927 (Ruffled blouse)

Reviewed by:Seamingly Simple

About Seamingly Simplestarstarstarstar
AB CANADA
Member since: 12/23/03
Posted on:10/27/07 10:35 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
Adventurer said... (6/5/13 11:29 AM) Reply
Just looked up your review. I appreciate your details about making the ruffle, and the understitching. I had never done that before, am looking forward to trying it.
Bassetmommy said... (5/17/10 8:01 AM) Reply
I bought this pattern this past Friday and hope to make it up soon. Am so glad I read your review. Your description of how you sewed the ruffle was very helpful & one I will use.
KarenP said... (11/19/07 3:30 PM) Reply
Your blouse is stunning! Thank you for the information about how you hemmed the ruffles by facing them - I will remember that if I ever make this blouse (which I want to do).
ElsaD said... (11/4/07 6:46 PM) Reply
This is very beautiful. And definitely not dull. A wonderful job with the ruffles.
Sewingmi said... (10/29/07 6:53 PM) Reply
That is a stunning top! Thanks for the info about doing a facing rather than hemming.
CypGrl said... (10/29/07 10:37 AM) Reply
Elegant -- looks so $$$$, but you got the fabric at Walmart! Unfortunately, our local Walmart no longer has a sewing department. I don't understand that as it seems to me that there is a sewing revival going on right now -- especially among the young.
Hilary said... (10/28/07 5:39 PM) Reply
What a pretty blouse! I love the fabric, its such a shimmery beautiful color!
Seamingly Simple said... (10/28/07 12:14 PM) Reply
Ooh, Heatherrisque, then do I get to dance with John Travolta? "I do believe Marsellus Wallace, my husband, your boss, told you to take ME out and do WHATEVER I WANTED. Now I wanna dance, I wanna win...."
Heatherrique said... (10/28/07 11:15 AM) Reply
Wow! One look and I can easily imagine Mia Wallace dancing in your stunning top to "You'll Be A Woman Soon"! Fabulous blouse and hard to believe the fabric is from Wal Marche? Thanks for reviewing this blouse!
Lori V said... (10/28/07 8:52 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse and great review. Thanks for the tip on the ruffle.
TrixieD said... (10/28/07 8:27 AM) Reply
Great results. It's good to learn from earlier reviews and adapt to avoid problems. Great idea with the facing.
Danvillegirl said... (10/28/07 7:45 AM) Reply
Lovely blouse
bluenines said... (10/28/07 7:15 AM) Reply
beautiful blouse, i like the fabric that you used, not dull or boring at all
Nancywin said... (10/28/07 2:44 AM) Reply
This looks beautiful on you. Your silver fabric looks anything but "dull"
Annette1 said... (10/28/07 2:15 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I love this pattern, too. Made it three times in fact (once lined) -- ha! I did the same as you with the double flounces. It looks so much nicer, plus it's twice as easy as having to hem them. Your top is so striking in this gunmetal gray fabric. I love it!
Frogstitcher said... (10/28/07 0:59 AM) Reply
This is stunning. There is no way that this blouse lacks excitement. I really like that you finished the ruffles by self facing which consequently gives the added drape to frame your face beautifully.
Em's Summer said... (10/27/07 11:42 PM) Reply
What a very pretty blouse, and a great review, too!

More Knits