Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3877 (Threads Collection)

Reviewed by:RobinE

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 15 people

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Nancy Anne said... (1/5/08 5:08 PM) Reply
I am about to sew this dress, and have found your review quite helpful. The gore insertions had me a little anxious, but it is so good to know that your's went together without a hitch! And your dress is beautiful, by the way.
RobinE said... (11/6/07 11:20 AM) Reply
Gah! Sorry about the broken link. All fixed now :) And thanks for all of the supportive and friendly comments!
moss said... (11/5/07 11:13 AM) Reply
your link is not working
Danvillegirl said... (11/5/07 5:29 AM) Reply
Lovely dress. Glad you were able to find substitute fabric to save the project.
Tearsa said... (11/5/07 4:32 AM) Reply
Really great color!!
CypGrl said... (11/4/07 2:29 PM) Reply
What a pretty dress! When I first looked at it my thought was that someone already had a beautiful dress for the holidays and didn't wait until the last minute. Congratulations on your anniversary.
Soliel said... (11/4/07 12:20 PM) Reply
Wow, how nice! Love how you tried a completely different fabric and got a totally different look. Would be a great Christmas (Holiday) dress.
Lori V said... (11/4/07 11:57 AM) Reply
Happy anniversary. Very pretty dress and nice job mixing the fabrics to make the dress.
Kaitlinnegan said... (11/4/07 11:30 AM) Reply
Lovely dress! I love the fabric you chose! I had planned on making this one last spring in a rayon challis print but got sidetracked -- in the right fabric this would make a beautiful dress for the holidays... Now you've got my wheels turning. :)
Diane E said... (11/4/07 11:12 AM) Reply
You look beautiful in this dress and it is beautiful on you. I love the color. Thanks for bringing this pattern to my attention.
Mahler said... (11/4/07 10:55 AM) Reply
Robin, you wrote an excellent review. You look fabulous in this dress. Bravo !
Olivia Sews said... (11/4/07 10:50 AM) Reply
Very pretty!! Very versatile pattern depending on fabric! Thanks for the link to sewing invisible zippers. I have tried those yet.
RuthieSews said... (11/4/07 10:48 AM) Reply
very pretty. The contrast gores work really well - good design idea born from necessity. And the dark red is lovely on you, if it still fits you you have a dress for Christmas and next years valentine's too!
Sharon M said... (11/4/07 10:45 AM) Reply
You're dress is beautiful - the fabric may have been problematic for you but the end result was worth it. You look lovely - the perfect dress to celebrate an anniversary in. Have fun!
CarolynGM said... (11/4/07 9:49 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress for an anniversary celebration.
Linda G said... (11/4/07 9:32 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress. Good creativity to overcome short amount of fabric. I have noticed more and more that Hancock and Joann Fabrics are shorting on the width.
carolynw said... (11/4/07 8:41 AM) Reply
I like this dress on you Robin - congrats on your 5th anniversary and I hope you and DH had a wonderful evening!
oracle said... (11/4/07 7:12 AM) Reply

oracle said... (11/4/07 7:00 AM) Reply
I think your dress is just beautiful, and that you've done a great job. I'm working on the same dress from the same pattern right now, and am at the tissue-fitting stage (I use the FFRP book, too!) I've been worried about how well the wrap bodice would fit over my bust, since I'm a DD, myself. Seeing how smoothly and adequately you got yours to fit makes me think, this dress will work for me, too! Congratulations (and on your anniversary, too!)
bluenines said... (11/4/07 6:13 AM) Reply
you look beautiful in this dress, i love the color and congrats on you anniversary
Janice C. said... (11/4/07 4:51 AM) Reply
Fabulous - and a great review too.
Leora said... (11/4/07 1:14 AM) Reply
You are beautiful in this dress! Well done and thanks for the zipper link :)

StyleArc Linda Stretch Pant