Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7799 (Misses/Misses Petite Top)

Reviewed by:Luckylibbet

About Luckylibbetstar
Member since: 7/28/03
Posted on:11/7/07 6:59 PM
Last Updated:11/7/07 7:03 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 12 people

nancy2001 said... (11/8/07 7:38 PM) Reply
Very flattering top. I've had this pattern for over a year and haven't made it up yet. You've convinced me I should.
cecelia said... (11/8/07 8:57 AM) Reply
I really like the color on this one--it flatters you--and I know what you mean about "narrow" shoulders!
Lisa Laree said... (11/8/07 7:56 AM) Reply
This is one of my favorite patterns; like you, I morphed on a TNT armsceye/sleeve (in my case it was Loes Hinse's Cowl Top) to avoid the sleeve draft that earlier reviewers had complained about. That's a useful trick!
CarolynGM said... (11/8/07 7:42 AM) Reply
Well done. I like the sleeve/armscye substitution.
Elona said... (11/7/07 10:06 PM) Reply
What a handsome, sleek top! I think you have it figured out.
Trudy J said... (11/7/07 8:54 PM) Reply
I love this pattern. I haven't reviewed it, but have made it several times. I always get compliments on it. I serged all the seams. I found that the sleeves fit beautifully, and I wonder if maybe you should give it a try -- but no matter -- yours looks beautiful. I totally agree about their directions, and about how the picture makes the collar looks more scrunched. I wish I could figure out how do do that! I do think you should do the double layer in front next time. It makes a great look. I even made one with a heavier almost sweatshirt weight fabric, but didn't hem the bottom -- I seamed the two layers together. (I also bound the collar edge in a contrasting fabric instead of using the double layer sweatshirt material. ) Very cozy.

by: gloobella