Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Chopin Blouse (Chopin Blouse)

Reviewed by:CatherineG

Posted on:11/21/05 7:03 AM
Last Updated:3/25/03 8:09 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
nestle said... (3/9/12 3:38 PM) Reply
I was going to write a review but you said it all. I've been tearing my hair out (I'm a low intermediate with an incredible ability to screw things up at best) but they left out a lot. The pictures don't match what you read and I'm surprised they didn't explain more on that collar. But I'm tenacious, I don't quit, and this is also more fun than anything I've made before!
CatherineG said... (3/29/03 11:05 AM) Reply
Phyllis and Dale, Thank you for your kind comments. While I really like the Sewing Workshop Patterns I often think that for the money you pay (i.e. 29.99 plus tax Cdn) you would get better instructions, yardage requirements and fabric guidance. However, I believe that you are paying mainly for the design and they are geared towards the experienced sewer. Now that I've attend this one twice, I personally feel that this shirt is probably best made up in a mid weight linen or quality cotton.
Dale C said... (3/27/03 4:11 PM) Reply
That blouse is beautiful. It'd make a nice jacket as well. The review is very helpful too. I've seen this pattern and thought it would be nice to have, but I'm a petite 5'2". having second thoughts... it sounds a bit humbug to sew up and I have so many projects waiting already.
PhyllisC said... (3/27/03 11:10 AM) Reply
Great review....it's interesting to hear again that Sewing Workshop patterns really seem to have at least 1/2 yard over the true yardage requirements....I had the same experience with their Cityscapes pattern.
CatherineG said... (3/26/03 7:43 PM) Reply
Linda and Shona, Thanks for your comments. It does actually look very beautiful on the hanger. I think maybe someone with broader shoulders might look good in the version I made. I was thinking about adding small shoulder pads as I am quite narrow shouldered. And you are right about the fabric recommendations being contradictory.
Shona said... (3/26/03 0:10 AM) Reply
Thank you for your very helpful review. I've eyed this one before but even the fabric recommendations seem contradictory. It does look stunning though.
Linda E. said... (3/25/03 10:18 PM) Reply
beautiful blouse you wrote a great review enjoy reading it.

Sew Simple 1524