Pattern Reviews> Brown Paper Patterns> Top Package One

Posted on:11/11/07 7:48 PM
Last Updated:11/11/07 7:54 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
GwenC said... (8/26/11 6:15 AM) Reply
To: Magpie57 Yes, one side buttons backwards - that doesn't really bother me. The thing that caught me by surprise is that, with the buttons right on top of each other, it's a little hard to button. That button "sandwich" is thick and less flexible than a single button. Diane29592 - I'm so sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. You can buy this pattern here: --Gwen
magpie57 said... (8/25/11 9:20 AM) Reply
I hope you enjoyed your shirt for many years. I loved both sides! But you must have had 2 sets of buttons? And wouldn't one side have buttoned backwards?
Diane29592 said... (7/25/09 10:39 PM) Reply
I love your color choice. And it looks real good. How do I get a pattern like that.
Sanibelle said... (11/13/07 7:43 AM) Reply
This looks so great on you. I have this pattern -- what a fabulous idea to make it reversible. I'll check out blue mooney's post. :)
GwenC said... (11/12/07 6:53 PM) Reply
BlueMooney - I'm so glad you saw this review, because I can't find your sewing blog anymore - did you change your URL? I would love to keep following your sewing adventures if I could... Thanks! Gwen
blue mooney said... (11/12/07 6:04 PM) Reply
Wow! How cool that someone got inspiration from my blog! Your top looks great, Gwen. Isn't this a good basic pattern?
GwenC said... (11/12/07 4:39 PM) Reply
Thanks so much everyone! Positive feedback from other sewers really feels good! :)
Sherril Miller said... (11/12/07 12:12 PM) Reply
How smart you are to make two at once. I love that so much and you got a great fit, at least in the picture. Great idea for back darts. You may want to use under bust darts for a better fit in the front, if that's what you're after. Reversible is brilliant!
Tricia Plummer said... (11/12/07 3:06 AM) Reply
Gwen C-This looks really nice on you. The workmanship looks wonderful and I really like the fabric--looks like you're getting ready to take a Hawaiian vacation. You should be really proud that your top turned out so pretty.
nimble said... (11/12/07 0:13 AM) Reply
It looks great on you and I love the fabric!
motomoda said... (11/11/07 9:09 PM) Reply
I love this - I have sometimes thought of making a reversible blouse and now I will! Thanks so much for your tips; I wil be extra careful with grainline layout.
AnneMarie60 said... (11/11/07 8:03 PM) Reply
Both sides look great on you! Nicely done.
Understanding Interfacings
Understanding Interfacings

The Technique of Underlining Garments
The Technique of Underlining Garments

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Christine Jonson Travel Trio One