Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Posted on:11/11/07 7:48 PM
Last Updated:11/11/07 7:54 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
GwenC said... (8/26/11 6:15 AM) Reply
To: Magpie57 Yes, one side buttons backwards - that doesn't really bother me. The thing that caught me by surprise is that, with the buttons right on top of each other, it's a little hard to button. That button "sandwich" is thick and less flexible than a single button. Diane29592 - I'm so sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. You can buy this pattern here: http://sewingpatterns.com/brownpaper.php --Gwen
magpie57 said... (8/25/11 9:20 AM) Reply
I hope you enjoyed your shirt for many years. I loved both sides! But you must have had 2 sets of buttons? And wouldn't one side have buttoned backwards?
Diane29592 said... (7/25/09 10:39 PM) Reply
I love your color choice. And it looks real good. How do I get a pattern like that.
Sanibelle said... (11/13/07 7:43 AM) Reply
This looks so great on you. I have this pattern -- what a fabulous idea to make it reversible. I'll check out blue mooney's post. :)
GwenC said... (11/12/07 6:53 PM) Reply
BlueMooney - I'm so glad you saw this review, because I can't find your sewing blog anymore - did you change your URL? I would love to keep following your sewing adventures if I could... Thanks! Gwen
blue mooney said... (11/12/07 6:04 PM) Reply
Wow! How cool that someone got inspiration from my blog! Your top looks great, Gwen. Isn't this a good basic pattern?
GwenC said... (11/12/07 4:39 PM) Reply
Thanks so much everyone! Positive feedback from other sewers really feels good! :)
Sherril Miller said... (11/12/07 12:12 PM) Reply
How smart you are to make two at once. I love that so much and you got a great fit, at least in the picture. Great idea for back darts. You may want to use under bust darts for a better fit in the front, if that's what you're after. Reversible is brilliant!
Tricia Plummer said... (11/12/07 3:06 AM) Reply
Gwen C-This looks really nice on you. The workmanship looks wonderful and I really like the fabric--looks like you're getting ready to take a Hawaiian vacation. You should be really proud that your top turned out so pretty.
nimble said... (11/12/07 0:13 AM) Reply
It looks great on you and I love the fabric!
motomoda said... (11/11/07 9:09 PM) Reply
I love this - I have sometimes thought of making a reversible blouse and now I will! Thanks so much for your tips; I wil be extra careful with grainline layout.
AnneMarie60 said... (11/11/07 8:03 PM) Reply
Both sides look great on you! Nicely done.

Violette Field Threads Stella