Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Posted on:11/15/07 12:01 PM
Last Updated:11/15/07 12:01 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
mpoggione said... (10/4/09 9:47 AM) Reply
I made this as well with a lovely jersey, and it was awful. The shoulders are totally wonky, and the sleeves are giant. The whole thing is huge, not in a comfy sitting around the house kind of way but in a football linebacker kind of way. Very disappointing. Waste of fabric.
Sew4Fun said... (7/2/09 1:47 AM) Reply
Thank you for saving me from myself. :) I was about to rush out the door to purchase this pattern, even though I have a perfectly good TNT pattern in my stash I could use. It's so easy to be drawn in by these patterns so it's nice to be brought back to reality. :) Thanks.
NuMommy said... (10/26/08 9:24 PM) Reply
I just finished sewing this, and I too would not recommend. I used a light knit and I did manage to get the neck to work, but it is now a slash neck and the sleeves took FOREVER- but turned out nicely. However I would never again be able to duplicate them- just sheer luck. Yea, the slippery slope- I am still a newbie at sewing- but....I'm learning.
Puppy said... (1/15/08 1:40 PM) Reply
Oh, bummer....I just bought this pattern yesterday at Hancock's Vogue sale! I was going to make the funnel view (C). Of course, I won't trash it just yet because I have the disease of hanging on to everything!
Annette1 said... (11/16/07 1:04 AM) Reply
Well, that's the pits, BUT if we don't continue up that hill, we'll never know we shouldn't have -- ha! It is a good feeling getting rid of those dud patterns (maybe we should have a bonfire). I'm glad you can salvage your fabric; it's SO pretty!
marjenann said... (11/15/07 5:55 PM) Reply
So unfortunate the top did not work. The fabric is really lovely!!
ITAdmin said... (11/15/07 4:48 PM) Reply
Thanks for the warning. Just looking at the pattern and drawing on my own experiences, I'm not sure any fabric would work well. It's hard to understand exactly what they were trying to accomplish with the neckline. Personally I think the View C semi-funnel would be even more problematic. Beautiful fabric though. You'll be able to make something great from it.
pterion said... (11/15/07 1:10 PM) Reply
I'm so sorry the pattern didn't work for you. Thanks for the review! I honestly think the clunkers are often the most helpful ones. Lovely fabric though - it's a shame to waste it. Maybe re-cut into a nice camisole?
cecelia said... (11/15/07 12:05 PM) Reply
Boy, do I hear you about pressing on up the mountain when you're on the slippery slope. I think we've all done this at some time or another. Sorry it didn't work for you.

SewBaby Snap Happy Diaper Covers Pattern