Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Tribeca Shirt (Tribeca Shirt)

Reviewed by:Lisa Laree

About Lisa Lareestarstarstarstar
AL USA
Posted on:11/18/07 7:04 PM
Last Updated:11/18/07 7:15 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
Lisa Laree said... (3/10/08 8:36 AM) Reply
I don't know if it would make it easier or not; it's not terribly difficult to turn the edges under; just extraordinarily tedious. But I might use a contrast/coordinating fabric for interest if the wrong side of the shell fabric was ugly. I need to go look at the Gallery! Thanks for the tip!
Susan J. said... (3/9/08 12:03 PM) Reply
The Gallery on The Sewing Workshop site shows this pattern with lining and also with contrast facings. Now that you've got the fitting done, there are more options. Lining and facings might make the construction earier--don't know.
Grammy Gin said... (11/20/07 12:37 PM) Reply
Very nice looking top! I think it looks great on you! ;-)
OP Gal said... (11/19/07 8:43 PM) Reply
Love your jacket. Very becoming.
Lisa Laree said... (11/19/07 12:09 PM) Reply
*slaps forehead* Duh! clear snaps!!...
patsijean said... (11/19/07 11:50 AM) Reply
I like this shirt/jacket pattern on you very much. The fabric choice is wonderful. I am putting this pattern on my list. Oh.... if you don't want to visit buttonhole land again, why not sew in a couple of those clear snaps; they will do the trick and will never be seen.
cecelia said... (11/19/07 9:01 AM) Reply
What a bargain. It looks so nice on you, both the style and particularly that color!
Lisa Laree said... (11/19/07 8:18 AM) Reply
I probably *could* add two more buttons...but these buttonoles are not just sewn on; there's a rectangular patch that's applied on the wrong side of the top, and buttonhole is centered on the patch. Because I used, um, custom buttonhole placement, I had to compute where the buttonholes needed to go, then center the patch on that spot and make sure the buttonholes were centered on the patch. It was a bit tedious...plus, there is the topstitching for the patches that shows on the right side. That kind of gets lost on the fabric texture, but I'm leery of going back at this point and trying to measure from the centers to add more buttonholes. Call me lazy. ;)
Peggy L said... (11/19/07 6:24 AM) Reply
Great looking shirt! The style looks great on you. I agree with fuzzygalore - you could add two more buttons.
fuzzygalore said... (11/19/07 3:32 AM) Reply
Very good-looking, and I think it's supposed to be a bit boxy. Well, maybe it's partly the fabric being a bit stiffer than intended? And it'd be easy to add 2 buttons in between the ones you already have. Much better to aim for your own bust with them, you were totally right, no amount of buttons will compensate for not having that crucial one :-).
Elona said... (11/19/07 1:21 AM) Reply
Ooooh, pretty!
Annette1 said... (11/19/07 0:25 AM) Reply
Very pretty, and I love you fabric!
Sew_Creative said... (11/18/07 7:28 PM) Reply
I really like the fabric and if I might suggest , you could fix the boxy look by adding some dart in the back or in the front at the waist, this is just a suggestion , because regardless you did a great job and I am just trying to help. Debbie

by: penelopey4