Pattern Reviews> Marfy> 1441 (Sporty Jacket)

Reviewed by:julesberry

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 24 people
KitnRose said... (2/5/08 9:30 PM) Reply
So sharp! Fantastic job!
krystalkaes said... (11/22/07 11:12 PM) Reply
Another wonderful garment. I just love your reviews.
nancy2001 said... (11/22/07 10:13 AM) Reply
Absolutely stunning jacket.
2BSewing said... (11/21/07 6:36 PM) Reply
You've done a fantastic job with your jacket. You look great in it.
Karine said... (11/21/07 4:53 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. I love the details on Marfy patterns, but know what you mean about the non-human-shaped models. Your jacket turned out beautifully and I'm glad you included a photo of the lining - truly a work of art!
Sewingmi said... (11/21/07 3:51 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! I only wish I could get to this level of sewing! I admire your talents!
piggyannie said... (11/21/07 7:40 AM) Reply
you've done a beautiful job on this jacket! :)
Peggy L said... (11/21/07 6:28 AM) Reply
That is absolutely gorgeous and a great review. Wear it with pride!!
Danvillegirl said... (11/21/07 5:25 AM) Reply
Wow, great looking jacket. Love the detailed work you did and great lining w/pocket
yorkshire lass said... (11/21/07 3:15 AM) Reply
Wow, that is gorgeous. Glad you enjoyed the process. Thank you for such a thorough review and the CD recommendation.
Betsybobbin said... (11/21/07 2:42 AM) Reply
Wow! Beautiful!
MareeAlison said... (11/21/07 0:24 AM) Reply
That's a great jacket.
lmg said... (11/20/07 11:47 PM) Reply
Absolutely fantastic! Thanks for all the great tips too. I notice you had no problems with the collar, which looks fabulous BTW
Debra H said... (11/20/07 9:38 PM) Reply
Congrats on figuring out a Marfy...they are usually well worth it. You did a very good job and the jacket looks great on you.
svenskaflicka said... (11/20/07 9:31 PM) Reply
Exceptionally cool! You definitely deserve a rating promotion for this!
carolynw said... (11/20/07 8:48 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket - great job!
Dee2 said... (11/20/07 6:49 PM) Reply
Excellent review. The fit & fabric are wonderful.
julesberry said... (11/20/07 6:32 PM) Reply
Rhonda in Montreal: There is no rating on my Marfy pattern, bought from Marfy. I think Vogue put "expert level" on all the Marfy patterns because they come without instructions. I think you only need to be expert level if you intend to use just your inner resources to construct the garment! As I said in my review I used Kenneth King's Tailored Jacket CD. I highly recommend this - it really has step-by step instructions making it possible for anyone a bit more experienced than an absolute beginner to make a jacket.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (11/20/07 5:40 PM) Reply
Advanced Beginner?? I sure don't think so!! This pattern is rated "Expert Level"!! Beautiful work, beautiful jacket!! You can be very proud!!
LauraTS said... (11/20/07 5:24 PM) Reply
This looks wonderful; I love the details and how you're put this together.
hongkongshopper said... (11/20/07 2:30 PM) Reply
Wow, you have done a fantastic job. I love the unusual top sleeve. I really must get back to my Marfy muslin - they are all so cute.
Re Becca said... (11/20/07 12:26 PM) Reply
Very sharp! Kudos on using real suede. I looked at this pattern, but I didn't notice the details on the sleeve, you did a great job. I like the top stitching, that really accentuates the pattern details.
CarolynGM said... (11/20/07 10:55 AM) Reply
Very snazzy jacket. Great job on those special details. Your topstitching looks wonderful. Great fabric choice for this style.
Frogstitcher said... (11/20/07 10:53 AM) Reply
Gosh, I love the details on this jacket. I've often used this book as reference for an alternate method of easing in sleeves. Rather than using the feed dogs on your sewing machine to do the work, a tailor's ham and lots of steam will also do the job.
Luckylibbet said... (11/20/07 10:50 AM) Reply
Stunning jacket! I love all the details - the sleeves in particular, but also the pockets and back belt. Terrific job.
Sherril Miller said... (11/20/07 10:49 AM) Reply
Wow! That's a great jacket and you did a fab job on it.
Elona said... (11/20/07 10:48 AM) Reply
What a fine-looking jacket!
gatorgirl4325 said... (11/20/07 10:04 AM) Reply
Wonderful jacket - great color.
Sew_Creative said... (11/20/07 9:43 AM) Reply
great color for you and I really like everything about the pattern I guess I need to buy this one.
pterion said... (11/20/07 9:38 AM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket, very sharp looking. I especially love the shape and seaming on the sleeves.
squirrellypoo said... (11/20/07 9:23 AM) Reply
What a great job! It looks fantastic, and it's nice that you enjoyed the difficult process so much!
EleanorSews said... (11/20/07 9:06 AM) Reply
Great review. Beautiful jacket. Some very good info about Marfy patterns in general as well (since there is a coat I keep looking at online). Your lining is is elegant. Do I detect I "hidden" inside pocket?
mastdenman said... (11/20/07 8:55 AM) Reply
Beatiful jacket. You did a great job.
sewingfordolls said... (11/20/07 8:50 AM) Reply
Great job...Kind of strange to read this today as I was reading your blog only yesterday...somehow ran across it in my prowling on the sewing www...Your jacket is really nice and you got such a great fit...Good job.

by: FreyaStark