Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3384 (Pants)

Reviewed by:Sara The Slayer

About Sara The Slayerstar
Member since: 11/22/07
Posted on:11/22/07 9:49 AM
Last Updated:11/22/07 9:49 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
Teeavilnor said... (5/2/09 4:51 PM) Reply
Fantastic job. Looks really good on you. It is an easy pattern, in fact at the moment I am helping someone make a pair, it will be her first pattern also.
Myrn said... (12/13/07 11:24 PM) Reply
I made the gauchos out of matte jersey. They are beautiful. Very easy to sew and they look great.
Sara The Slayer said... (11/25/07 4:43 PM) Reply
Wow! I didn't know you get so many comments on this. Thanks everyone. I do love these pants. Wore them today. They are comfortable but look nice. Someone on here has pictures of the same pants with a folded down waistband I'm going to try to copy. And yep, I did get the sewing bug. I have a huge exam, but want to keep sewing now instead of studying!
Helen near Sydney said... (11/24/07 2:57 AM) Reply
Sounds like Sara's got the sewing bug!!! Think about morphing from the small sizeline to the medium sizeline next time - seems like that might give you a better fit. I'm not sure what you mean by the floppy yoke but you could use lots of topstitching to stiffen it (this could still be done even though you've finished the pants) and maybe next time interfacing the entire yoke, although this will depend on the fabric you choose. Whatever, enjoy!
Annette1 said... (11/24/07 0:18 AM) Reply
I'm a sucker for wide-legged pants anyway, and these have that PERFECT drape to them, I can tell by the photo. Great job!
cindy-lou said... (11/23/07 5:10 PM) Reply
Wow-- VERY cute!
carolynw said... (11/23/07 9:23 AM) Reply
Welcome to PR and thanks for your first review - your pants are stunning!
DorothyK said... (11/22/07 8:41 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your first review. The pants look great. I'm guessing that the difficulty you had was because of the fabric, which might slip around a bit. I bet if you try it next time with a different kind of fabric, it will be more stable.
CarolynGM said... (11/22/07 7:23 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your first review and your first garment for yourself. You're off to a great start!
Sewingmi said... (11/22/07 12:16 PM) Reply
Beautiful fabric and lovely pants! I have this pattern & haven't tried it yet, but now I feel inspired!
zeoplum said... (11/22/07 12:01 PM) Reply
Wow. In my opinion, your pants look better than the picture on the envelope! Great job!

by: Kendrasews...