Online Sewing Class: More Knits

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 3541 (Misses' Shirts)

Reviewed by:kathyw

About kathywstar
Member since: 7/9/06
Posted on:11/25/07 1:50 PM
Last Updated:11/25/07 1:50 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
CynthiaSue said... (11/26/07 11:22 PM) Reply
Great top. Yes, I agree, forward shoulder, possibly a broad shoulder too-for future tops. Cutting off sleeve cap height opens up a whole can of worms-but I won't go there in this comment section. Check out the FFRP chapter on sleeves and they will help you with that. I feel your pain-I spend hours on shoulder/sleeve issues.
Morisot said... (11/26/07 7:17 PM) Reply
Nice shirt. (About fitting--I'm waiting for the day when I can go into a fabric store, put on a long mesh tunic-y thing and wrist and ankle bands with sensors -- point to the picture of the pattern I want -- and have my custom pattern print out for me right there!)
Re Becca said... (11/26/07 11:31 AM) Reply
Very nice shirt. Nice collar and stand. I think that the back looks good too, it looks like it hangs well to me. You did a good job with both the construction and the fit.
CarolynGM said... (11/25/07 9:11 PM) Reply
Lovely Hawaiian shirt! I also get those draglines in shirt backs sometimes. For me, it's a sloping shoulder issue or sometimes the armhole is just too high.

SewBaby Clutter Catchers Pattern