Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 7078 (Princess line dress)

Reviewed by:threadwitch

About threadwitch
VA USA
Member since: 3/6/03
Posted on:4/1/03 0:13 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
Harmonicreality said... (5/24/09 11:39 AM) Reply
I made this dress, and It is BEAUTIFUL! Only I sized it too big for myself. :( The princess seams are easy, but my notches on the side seam didn't line up at all. I just made sure my edges matched and went from there. It looked fine. Although I had troubles sewing this pattern, it may have been the sewer, not the pattern maker! I'm trying it again today :)
Merry G said... (5/27/06 6:03 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern & am going to try it out...thanks for the review...
lindaf said... (7/25/04 8:31 PM) Reply
Just finished this pattern today. Very happy with the results. Had to do a fba on it...thanks to all u guys on the site I was able to do it. Also, the only other alteration I had to do was to take in the side seams about 1/4 inch additional. There was a little too much ease for me. Otherwise I love it!!
linda03755 said... (10/7/03 8:07 PM) Reply
Nevermind my question, I just looked at the pattern details. :-)
linda03755 said... (10/7/03 8:00 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for your review! I just bought the pattern and am looking forward to trying it. One question: Exactly how did you do the pockets? I'm used to adding side-seam pockets but am not sure how to do that with the princess seams.
alex said... (4/2/03 11:53 AM) Reply
Thanks for pointing this out. This one is on the now on the 99 cent sale shopping list too!
AnneM said... (4/1/03 11:50 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review; this is a nice looking dress. Well written review.
Lisa Laree said... (4/1/03 11:03 AM) Reply
Thanks for bringing this pattern to my attention! I'll have to grab it next time Hancock's puts Simp. on sale...and I have to add pockets to everything, too...;)
Mini said... (4/1/03 10:33 AM) Reply
Good helpful review. This looks like a classic dress that can be made lots of different ways. I agree that Simplicity has improved-I avoided them for a long time too. They have recently developed a really nice collection of plus-sized patterns that are quite stylish.
NancyDaQ said... (4/1/03 0:51 AM) Reply
I've also noticed recently that Simplicity has changed for the better. I hope they continue on this path.
SouthernStitch said... (4/1/03 0:31 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I am currently working on a princess seam dress for my dd that comes from the armsyce - my first. I too was wondering why there isn't more than one notch! Some notches are useless, but not for princess seams!

Violette Field Threads Stella