Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2971 (Koos Van Den Akker Top/Skirt)

Reviewed by:ITAdmin

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Skirts

Other Projects by ITAdmin using this Pattern

zigzag74 said... (7/8/09 10:20 PM) Reply
very flattering top and comfortable looking, too
Sweetiebop said... (1/18/09 6:41 PM) Reply
Love the shirt and the knowledge that someone else ponders over patterns before they use them. You look great in this neckline.
Crockett said... (1/18/09 6:08 PM) Reply
Lovely top. Me, I'm in the middle of trying to make that blasted skirt and I'm stymied by the construction. I can't figure out how to put it together! So close...If anyone has made the skirt, please help!
ITAdmin said... (11/30/07 11:44 AM) Reply
I considered that for the skirt, too, even doing it all one fabric with contrasting applique and trim. But yesterday I found two "mirror" fabrics I really like so I'm going with the kind of crazy quilt style. I'm going to start as soon as I finish my current project; I just hope it won't blind anybody. I wore the top today as a tunic, and it's really comfortable. Sorry you had to toss yours, Moss; it's a fact that the ties aren't terribly long.
Skymom said... (11/30/07 8:50 AM) Reply
Like the top a lot. You could try the skirt in a really monochromatic colorway and see how it turns out. Maybe assorted blacks and greys?
moss said... (11/28/07 9:04 AM) Reply
Cool.. I made this top also and I found the ties were not long enough. It was very easy and fun to make but I never wore it and I just recently threw it and the pattern away. Yours looks really nice.
squirrellypoo said... (11/28/07 6:54 AM) Reply
Wow, I hadn't even given the top a second glance because of the crazy skirt, but I really like yours. Thanks for such a great review!
marjenann said... (11/27/07 7:43 PM) Reply
Wow! I really like your new top!! Just added to my wish list! I always looked at the skirt, never noticed the top! Thanks for the heads' up!!
Annette1 said... (11/27/07 7:27 PM) Reply
Well, like you, I've looked at this pattern over and over and over again. (I think the use of all those fabrics in the photos detracts from the lines of the garments.) At any rate, your top looks GREAT, and I actually like that skirt pattern too. :o) Great review!
Athene said... (11/27/07 4:58 PM) Reply
I like the look of the top on you. I have the pattern and will be referring to your review when I make it - thank you for the review.
MasoumaRose said... (11/27/07 12:07 PM) Reply
Thank you for reviewing this. The skirt is a too wild for me, but the top looks great!

by: Jonni Ange...