Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1266 (Vogue Basic Design)

Reviewed by:marjenann

About marjenannstarstar
Member since: 8/26/04
Posted on:11/27/07 8:11 PM
Last Updated:11/27/07 8:17 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 22 people
See other patterns in this category: Outerwear

Disneyfreak said... (8/17/08 11:34 AM) Reply
ok so I have to ask :) I' actually MAKING a Mary Poppins costume this year becausee we are going trickortreating in Disneyland. In black, do you think this coat would work? The waist would need to be a little tighter (make sure to show my rolls hahaha) and I'd have to put a red lining in. Do you recommend this pattern for that?
patsijean said... (3/23/08 11:20 AM) Reply
I have been searching PR for a review of a great classic coat and here it is. I just went online and ordered the pattern. Thank you so much.
lilyofthevalley said... (11/29/07 0:14 AM) Reply
Yummy; love the colors and drape; absolutely in keeping with your high standard. Lily
Heatherrique said... (11/28/07 11:21 PM) Reply
Wow, margenann, another example of your spectacular creations! You are absolutely fabulous in your coat!
ryan's mom said... (11/28/07 9:12 PM) Reply
Awesome coat! I love the color too.
Grammy Gin said... (11/28/07 1:35 PM) Reply
You look ready for our PA winters, for sure! Really pretty color & model. ;-) Can't believe you sewed for yourself, finally! lol
Babs42 said... (11/28/07 12:59 PM) Reply
I love the color the details and the velvet trim. It's just beautiful!
gatorgirl4325 said... (11/28/07 10:39 AM) Reply
Your coat is so very stylish - love the velvet! Your hat is too cute!!
carolynw said... (11/28/07 10:13 AM) Reply
Truly lovely coat - have the pattern but never used it - maybe I will now!!
Rosebeee said... (11/28/07 9:58 AM) Reply
Wow! That coat looks fabulous. The velvet and bound buttonholes are especially nice touches. Good job!
Sew_Creative said... (11/28/07 9:40 AM) Reply
I really think you did better by not using a heavy wool it is a very pretty coat and I love the the whole look you are amazing.
Nancywin said... (11/28/07 8:30 AM) Reply
This looks beautiful Marjeann. I love the color. I have this pattern, so its good to know it's easy. I love the coat I made last year, but like your last one, it's super heavy. I think it's time to make a lighter version. I can't tell you how much I like your coat!
EleanorSews said... (11/28/07 6:50 AM) Reply
Lovely effect of the black velvet on the lavendar coat. It's like having a spot of spring in the winter! Beautiful buttonholes and very helpful review with all the construction tips. I too like your hat!
Karine said... (11/28/07 6:41 AM) Reply
What a beautiful coat. I think the black velvet trim is perfect with that pretty shade of lavender. Thanks for the tip about fur collars on ebay - it never occurred to me! The pattern illustration appears to have a very full "skirt"on the coat, yet yours seems to hang much straighter. Is it just the angle on your dress form, or is the shape somewhat straighter than it appears on the pattern?
Danvillegirl said... (11/28/07 5:23 AM) Reply
Lovely coat. I still think I may try to make a coat but keep looking for the perfect fabric. Love the color you used.
Lori V said... (11/28/07 0:20 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat, you look great in it.
hongkongshopper said... (11/27/07 11:42 PM) Reply
Great coat - love it with the hat!
HeyJane said... (11/27/07 10:10 PM) Reply
That is beautiful !! Yes my eye went right to those buttonholes. Not Mary Poppins at all, the whole outfit is great. Thanks so much for pointing out this pattern and I am currently having jacket interfacing wars so I appreciate knowing how you did the inner construction. Very gorgeous coat.
Vintage Joan said... (11/27/07 9:44 PM) Reply
Gorgeous :)
Aixoise said... (11/27/07 9:08 PM) Reply
You're way cuter than Mary Poppins! Great outfit.
Donna H said... (11/27/07 8:51 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat. I would love to see pictures of the bound buttonholes and your lining!!! Thanks for this review.
Kaitlinnegan said... (11/27/07 8:44 PM) Reply
Oh, your review is very timely! I just picked up this pattern, although I'm planning on making the coat for next year since I'm still searching for just the right fabric. The coat looks fabulous. I happen to like Mary Poppins and the way she dressed...but the coat really does look great. Thanks so much for your review!
swing like a girl said... (11/27/07 8:40 PM) Reply
Great job. Love the color. Love the hat
Lisa Laree said... (11/27/07 8:29 PM) Reply
Very nice! I'm especially impressed w/those buttonholes!!
Elona said... (11/27/07 8:28 PM) Reply
How pretty and feminine, marjenann! You don't look at all like Mary Poppins.

by: gabc