Online Sewing Class: Understanding Knit Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5087 (Front wrap jacket)

Reviewed by:Sharon M

About Sharon Mstarstarstarstar
MN USA
Member since: 8/3/02
Posted on:12/2/07 3:45 PM

See other patterns in this category: Outerwear

Sweater knit fabrics

velosewer said... (2/26/09 6:10 AM) Reply
Your review has convinced me to buy this pattern. The advice you've given is really spot on for how I adjust my patterns too. Fierce.
CypGrl said... (1/26/08 10:09 PM) Reply
Sharon - Just finished this pattern today (will do my FIRST review soon I hope ) and your review was very helpful. Thanks! I love the way your jacket turned out.
Cody7 said... (12/23/07 5:06 PM) Reply
I absolutely love your jacket. Your choice of fabric was great too. I am going to mark this pattern as one I want to try also. Thank for your great review.
Sheila457 said... (12/5/07 8:57 PM) Reply
Great Jacket.
MichelleE said... (12/3/07 7:47 PM) Reply
Plaids scare me but you did a great job! Very elegant, classy looking jacket!
Annette1 said... (12/3/07 5:58 PM) Reply
What a GREAT jacket you have here. I love that collar, for one thing, and your use of the pain-in-the-butt plaid (say that five times fast) suits the design just perfectly. I like BOTH belts. :o) I'm busty too, and I have a belt that I just love ... got it at Chico's. It's about an inch wide, maybe inch and a quarter (leather), and it has a big, eye-catching silver hook that works as the closure, kind of an open hook, one half of the hook being on one side and the other half being on the other, and you just slide one end over the other end. At any rate, I wear it so that it's actually dropped down in the front, kind of like a high-hip belt. That really helps to leave some space between my bust and waist. I bet it'd be really cute with this jacket too! (No, as I'm thinking about it here, maybe it wouldn't, because I don't think it woudl hold it closed.) Anyway, I LOVE your jacket!
SewSewHappy said... (12/3/07 5:12 PM) Reply
LOVE IT!
gatorgirl4325 said... (12/3/07 11:09 AM) Reply
Adorable jacket!
pt6356 said... (12/3/07 6:57 AM) Reply
So cute! I have this pattern at the top of my list, and have ordered some fabric from Buy The Piece.....glad to hear it went well for you.
Debbie Cook said... (12/3/07 6:46 AM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket! Love the plaid, even though the fabric was a pain. LOL!
Danvillegirl said... (12/3/07 6:44 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket.
Ann Smith said... (12/3/07 1:48 AM) Reply
Cute, cute, cute. I love it.
ibbizy said... (12/3/07 0:25 AM) Reply
What can I say?.....THIS JACKET IS BEAUTIFUL!!!! I am a intermediate beginner (I think) LOL!! but I am going to try this jacket!!
carolynw said... (12/2/07 11:15 PM) Reply
This is truly beautiful - great work!!
cmarie12 said... (12/2/07 10:32 PM) Reply
This is a beautiful jacket!
Dmd4106 said... (12/2/07 9:59 PM) Reply
Great pairing, the plaid with bia collar. Looks great.
hongkongshopper said... (12/2/07 9:50 PM) Reply
Wow, that is gorgeous. I like the self belt best. Can you put a bit of velcro or a snap to stop it from coming undone?
Dei said... (12/2/07 9:38 PM) Reply
Wow! I know you're smilin' over how great this turned out. Your review is excellent especially for people like me who need detail to get the details just right. Wonderful work with the plaid.
Lori V said... (12/2/07 9:02 PM) Reply
This is so beautiful. I love it with the black belt.
swing like a girl said... (12/2/07 8:57 PM) Reply
Nice work. I really like the plaid with the black belt.
Bonnie O said... (12/2/07 8:40 PM) Reply
OMG, this looks fabulous! I love that plaid and the jacket is such a fun design. Well done!
Linda G said... (12/2/07 8:27 PM) Reply
Beautiful. I love the bias on the back of the collar.
Kellie R. said... (12/2/07 7:27 PM) Reply
Sharon, your jacket is lovely! I agree that the plaid looks great; the pictures sure don't reveal that it was difficult. I've considered this pattern many times... perhaps I'll have to pick up now.
Pinkhibiscus said... (12/2/07 6:40 PM) Reply
I love the jacket, I like the light colored plaid you used!!
mochalover said... (12/2/07 5:59 PM) Reply
I agree with the others. Great jacket and a wonderful choice of fabric.
Sew4Fun said... (12/2/07 5:00 PM) Reply
Nice jacket and I like your fabric choice.
Sigrid. said... (12/2/07 4:15 PM) Reply
Love your jacket. The plaids are wonderful.
AnneMarie60 said... (12/2/07 3:50 PM) Reply
That's a really cute jacket. Sorry the fabric gave you difficulties to deal with, but your jacket turned out great, anyway.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (12/2/07 3:47 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks absolutely gorgeous and wonderfully made. It looks so stylish.

Understanding Wool Fabrics