Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8307 (Armani-style Coat)

Reviewed by:Tom P

About Tom Pstar
NY USA
Member since: 3/16/07
Posted on:12/9/07 6:54 PM

See other patterns in this category: Outerwear

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

Terri A said... (11/21/10 1:00 AM) Reply
Just wow!!!
SewTwin said... (1/20/08 5:07 PM) Reply
Wowzer! You PR'ers make me laugh, with all the envy vibes! It is rare to find a man that is nice enuf to do things for you, and sew to boot! We female PR'ers are lucky to have a male counterpart! Wish we had more!..
layla said... (12/13/07 3:33 AM) Reply
Beautiful .... Thank You For The Info On This Pattern ....You Are So Talented !!
KatyH said... (12/10/07 10:32 PM) Reply
Back off ladies, he's taken! :-) I do love the coat. I am very very lucky.
busy bee said... (12/10/07 8:04 PM) Reply
Wonderful! I envy your girlfriend. (But if I ever need someone to watch football for me, my husband's all over it!)
loohoo44 said... (12/10/07 8:00 PM) Reply
Tom everything you make looks so professional! You seem to think of everything. Great job, and what a lucky girl!
Tom P said... (12/10/07 5:07 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone. ReBecca, the interfacing at the hem gives a little more body, and makes the bottom of the coat hold it's shape better. Adding the interfacing and reducing the width at the bottom makes Katy's coat look sort of like she just did a spin. Thisphoto shows the two treatments side-by-side. Mary's fabric is nicer :(.
Allison said... (12/10/07 4:52 PM) Reply
Hi: you are right, this Vogue pattern is a copy of an Armani from last season. You did a FAB job! Might need one myself!
nicegirl said... (12/10/07 3:16 PM) Reply
After seeing this (and Mary Cargill's) at PR Weekend I got the pattern too. It would be so much more convenient if I had a boyfriend to make it for me...
Nancy K said... (12/10/07 2:37 PM) Reply
You made a wonderful coat. What a lucky girlfriend. Your review covering your constructions changes is very helpful and creative. I have this pattern in my stash and will definitely refer back to your review .
Grammy Gin said... (12/10/07 1:37 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat, Tom. You are very good at sewing coats....must be your specialty ;-) Very flattering on your girlfriend, too.
Luckylibbet said... (12/10/07 11:42 AM) Reply
Very professional tailoring - awesome skills!
SewSewHappy said... (12/10/07 11:35 AM) Reply
I'm impressed once again!
marjenann said... (12/10/07 10:28 AM) Reply
Yikes!!! This garment is as fantastic as the last one!!! Very, very impressive workmanship and design!!
Karine said... (12/10/07 10:09 AM) Reply
Love the coat - very professionally done. Especially like the lining strap to hold the left front - nice touch!
cecelia said... (12/10/07 8:33 AM) Reply
What a beautiful coat--I love the closures and the bright, happy lining, also the welt pocket you designed. Very nice job.
MissCelie said... (12/10/07 7:51 AM) Reply
Ok. So, I saw this coat at PR Weekend and bought pattern at the very next sale. A-mazing.
Danvillegirl said... (12/10/07 5:17 AM) Reply
great looking coat!
Karen8320 said... (12/10/07 4:10 AM) Reply
Tom, I am honestly so impressed by your work! The coat looks gorgeous. Once again, your review is exceptionally helpful.
Lori V said... (12/9/07 10:10 PM) Reply
Great coat, wonderful construction and lucky Katy.
yummymummy38 said... (12/9/07 9:35 PM) Reply
this jacket looked very designery, you've made it v wearable and versatile
Kellie R. said... (12/9/07 8:49 PM) Reply
What a stunning coat! I'm impressed with you putting the pockets in to accomodate her commuting needs. Great job!
carolynw said... (12/9/07 8:14 PM) Reply
Wonderful work - I so admire your efforts!! Thanks for a really helpful review with some really good ideas we can use
Re Becca said... (12/9/07 8:03 PM) Reply
Another great coat! Thanks for the great construction details. Tell me, why did you chose to use the 4" interfacing strips on the hem and collar? Great job on the pocket too, aren't welt pockets fun!
Birgitte said... (12/9/07 7:44 PM) Reply
Fabulous!!
Kristen said... (12/9/07 7:25 PM) Reply
Great coat - she is a lucky woman!...I think that if you and Katy break up you won't be on the market for long!!! Plus, that appears to be a Sox cap you are wearing..
Peggy L said... (12/9/07 7:07 PM) Reply
Gorgeous coat - lucky Katy!
CA Eisenhour said... (12/9/07 7:01 PM) Reply
Fabulous coat and wonderfully crafted. Kudos to you!
PegL said... (12/9/07 7:00 PM) Reply
Great looking coat! I love that yellow lining! Excellent review with lots of great tips! Nicely done Tom!
Sic said... (12/9/07 7:00 PM) Reply
Wonderful construction and love the closures!
mad4sewing said... (12/9/07 6:59 PM) Reply
Wow...can you clone yourself cause I have friends who would love to have you as a boyfriend! Love it!

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS