Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 12-2007-125 (Kimono Pajama Jacket)

Reviewed by:MissCelie

About MissCeliestarstarstarstar
MD United States
Posted on:12/10/07 9:08 PM
Last Updated:12/10/07 9:17 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
Hilary said... (12/25/07 8:37 AM) Reply
Oh, this really looks so cute!!! I can see why you want to keep it, lol-but it'll be worth it, 'cause I'm sure she'll LOVE it and think you're incredible for sewing it yourself :P and you can make *another* one!! Great review!
PhyllisC said... (12/14/07 2:21 PM) Reply
Retro-cool is right...I love the tie lower to the waist. Your friend will owe you one!
maggy said... (12/12/07 6:27 AM) Reply
Great little cover up. I am going to make it after Christmas!
Dei said... (12/11/07 8:02 PM) Reply
Cidell, Need a new best friend, 'cause I would love those pj's as a Christmas gift. Too cute! I haven't sewn a BWOF magazine patten yet and with the rumors flying, I'm a bit scared, but you make it look so easy.
Grammy Gin said... (12/11/07 2:41 PM) Reply
Such pretty material. It looks so cute & comfy. Lucky co-worker! ;-)
MelissaB in WA said... (12/11/07 12:04 PM) Reply
Very cute, I'm sure your coworker will love it!
Speech girl said... (12/11/07 10:53 AM) Reply
Cidell, your co-worker is going to love it. Thanks for the review--this is definately on my to-sew list.
gatorgirl4325 said... (12/11/07 10:28 AM) Reply
So cute!
Sea-my said... (12/11/07 9:24 AM) Reply
This top is nice with the shorts.) Cute!
cindy-lou said... (12/11/07 9:09 AM) Reply
Would ya STOP with the AWESOME BURDA CREATIONS??? I love this. Love, love, love it. Would be great and expensive-looking in Amy Butler fabric. Yet another great thing to add to my list courtesy of Renee! :)
fuzzygalore said... (12/11/07 8:25 AM) Reply
Oh Cidell! It's pajamas, not the dress you just finished, it'd have been perfectly OK to make it one size bigger... I like to show something to people as if I was making it for me, and only then give it to them, if they really love it :-). Life's too short not to give chocolate to people who don't appreciate handmade as much as they should. And yes, if it was mine I'd keep it :-).
marjenann said... (12/11/07 7:59 AM) Reply
How cute it this PJ!!! Can I be your friend too??
Christina Sonja said... (12/11/07 1:12 AM) Reply
Super cute!!
Diane E said... (12/11/07 0:57 AM) Reply
Oh this so-called pj top is really lovely. Gotta have it! What a wonderful gift!
carolynw said... (12/10/07 10:59 PM) Reply
This is so cute and you have given me a great idea - have to go to a PJ party - not mandatory to wear PJs but I do want to keep up with the theme so was wondering what to wear - THIS IS IT. Now I have to get to NY to steal if off you LOL. Cidell it is truly beautiful
Nancywin said... (12/10/07 10:56 PM) Reply
I fell in love with this when I first saw it in the magazine, and your version looks fantastic. I may have to make this up in cotton for summer.
mary in FL said... (12/10/07 10:55 PM) Reply
Yes, yours definitely looks TONS better than burda's sewn version. I'm looking forward to seeing what YOURS will look like!
Seamingly Simple said... (12/10/07 10:54 PM) Reply
Your fabrics coordinate so well and make this look so RTW. There'll be a line of people circling around your block....
mastdenman said... (12/10/07 10:50 PM) Reply
Love it. I'm wondering if it could be graded up a couple of sizes and done in a flannel back satin.
LindsayT said... (12/10/07 10:40 PM) Reply
Sooooo cute! Your colleague is one lucky gal, Cidell.
Karen6790 said... (12/10/07 10:13 PM) Reply
Good thing you and your co-worker aren't the same size, or she'd be getting a different gift. I love your fabric. This looks much better your way than Burda's - I wasn't that impressed with theirs.
CA Eisenhour said... (12/10/07 10:12 PM) Reply
I love it! Beats the heck out of wearing a T-shirt night after night.....Great job; you have to make one for yourself!! How about a red polyester silk? Lucious!
Linda G said... (12/10/07 10:00 PM) Reply
Oh so cute....I have to make that....but will have to be after Christmas
Nancy K said... (12/10/07 9:44 PM) Reply
It looks great even if it is a size too small for you. You're co worker will be thrilled. Very cute.
utz said... (12/10/07 9:19 PM) Reply
Gee that was fast! Thanks for showing us this pattern worked up. I've been scanning fabric shop for polka dots 'cause this pattern is on my mind. Yours is great. It's on my do list - thanks! Your friend will surely love it. Looks great!
Birgitte said... (12/10/07 9:17 PM) Reply
I agree- it's 'stinking cute'. Love the fabric/trim!!
AnneMarie60 said... (12/10/07 9:15 PM) Reply
Oh, Cidell! Your fabric choices are much better than Burda's, IMHO. I want to make this, too. You cause me much concern about the instructions, though. Your coworker will be overjoyed!

Favorite Things Hope Skirts Pattern