Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8188

Vesta Patterns

Gold said... (1/1/08 2:06 PM) Reply
Very nice!!love the fabric
Mahler said... (12/15/07 11:47 AM) Reply
Bonjour Clin ! This is a fabulous jacket. Bravo ! It falls beatifully, the colar's shape is great and I am love with the fabric you chose. Now woner your DH thinks you look stunning it this... Congratulations for succeeding in all the alterations you made. It is a proof of you talent. I will try to remember your mother's sentence for futur rush garments ;-).
OP Gal said... (12/14/07 5:44 AM) Reply
I'm sorry you're unhappy with your jacket. In the picture, it looks lovely. Maybe you'll learn to love it.
CarolynGM said... (12/13/07 9:45 AM) Reply
Clin, your jacket is beautiful. Very easy Vogue has some nice styles, but I always ignore the Very Easy Vogue "techniques", and do things my way. Their shortcuts often fail to yield the best result. You, however, did a great job of saving this one.
Heatherrique said... (12/12/07 9:25 PM) Reply
Such a dazzling jacket, Clin! It's disappointing that a pattern labeled "very easy" ends up being something else! I wonder if Vogue has ever "tested" each and every pattern before giving it a grade of "very easy" to "difficult". Thanks for your thorough review! Kudos to you for making this jacket your own!
Nancywin said... (12/12/07 8:33 PM) Reply
Well, it sounds like you made some great saves on this and you have a glamorous evening jacket! I get so irked when I pay for a pattern from a well respected company like Vogue and then end up having to either redraft or rework the the whole pattern or design. It seems like they should be "right" from the beginning. Anyway, you have a fabulous jacket now and the next one will be soooo much easier!
marjenann said... (12/12/07 8:12 PM) Reply
I know you are going to get a ton of compliments when you wear this jacket out!!! It is stunning!!!
Bonnie O said... (12/12/07 8:01 PM) Reply
It is very beautiful! And Congratulations for persevering and being able to salvage the jacket after your initial "haste". I can definitely relate to your feelings. Put it in the back of the closet but write yourself a note to pull it out in a month. I bet it will be like a birthday present! Or better yet, pull it out for New Year's like someone else suggested.
Karen8320 said... (12/12/07 7:42 PM) Reply
Clin, this really looks beautiful! Such lovely fabric and pattern. While you may not have listened to your inner voice at the beginning, your ingenuity overcome all of the obstacles you encountered - and that says a lot about how much experience you really do have!!!
ALY said... (12/12/07 7:16 PM) Reply
I think the jacket looks great. I am not a big fan of lined to the edge jackets for the very reasons you had in your review. But I bet after you step away from it for a while, you will want to wear it.
Lori V said... (12/12/07 4:12 PM) Reply
I agree this jacket is glam.
cecelia said... (12/12/07 3:39 PM) Reply
Clin, don't you hate it when you don't listen to yourself? I've had the same thing happen many a time. Anyway, you ended up with a very nice looking jacket from the photo!
Birgitte said... (12/12/07 2:46 PM) Reply
I LOVE your jacket, and also- nice save!!! I guess when they say "easy", they actually mean "short cut". Great review, and your DH is right. Wear it with pride!!
LindsayT said... (12/12/07 1:29 PM) Reply
Ditto the glam comment. Nice work!
Annette1 said... (12/12/07 1:16 PM) Reply
:o))) Man, are we two peas in a pod or WHAT? I feel like I wrote this review myself, since I've DONE all of the above at one time or another. The GOOD thing, though, is look how NICE your jacket turned out, despite the fact you ignored your "inner voice." I LOVE it. You can wear this for New Year's Eve, Christmas, or any other darn time you feel like it (once you get over your sulk, I mean). I'm still sulking about mine, as well. :o)
007gurl said... (12/12/07 12:57 PM) Reply
I love the jacket. It's very glam!!!
Luckylibbet said... (12/12/07 12:43 PM) Reply
I know the experience of sulking at a project, and refusing to wear it until the snit goes away. ITA that easy does not mean correct, and correct is usually not easy. I think it's really beautiful, though, and I hope the sulk ends soon.

by: Jstarr4250