Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4400 (McCalls Fashion Accessories)

Reviewed by:solosmocker

About solosmockerstarstarstar
NY USA
Member since: 1/23/06
Posted on:12/13/07 6:20 PM
Last Updated:12/14/07 9:12 AM

See other patterns in this category: Crafts
craftylady66 said... (12/15/07 0:21 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous!!!
Lynnelle said... (12/14/07 9:27 PM) Reply
Another smashing creation, Solo! What a great bag!! I cannot wait to see the others - how will you top this one?! Those women have no idea how special they are to you. To long life and good friends!
Birgitte said... (12/14/07 8:24 PM) Reply
What a knock-out bag! Love all your choices and add-ons. Great review- thanks!
2BSewing said... (12/14/07 7:47 PM) Reply
Beautiful bag! Good ideas for the pocket bellows and the key leash. Enjoyed your review.
Ronda Rae said... (12/14/07 12:49 PM) Reply
I love it even more now that I've seen the lining! Gorgeous. Thanks for the info. I'm going to check it out.
Cornelia said... (12/14/07 9:45 AM) Reply
ONE GORGEOUS BAG! And you're making 6! Your review was very helpful. I have some leather I'm afraid to start and the wonder tape may be just what I need if the glue sticks don't work in difficult places. Thanks
solosmocker said... (12/14/07 9:18 AM) Reply
I just went and hopefully fixed the lining pic. The tag is "click here". Somehow my tag didn't go thru but the pic seems to be there now. Ronda, Armo Weft is a readily available interfacing that is grey in color, has a different weave to it (weft insertion). It almost looks like a chain link fence instead of woven. One side has the glue and the other has a soft flannel like texture. It is really nice and I use it a lot. It is soft but adds thickness, not stiffness. I find it just right for linings. Thanks all for the lovely comments. I have two more bags to go by the end of the weekend so you may get bored with this pattern review. I am starting to! LOL!
KrystalL said... (12/14/07 9:04 AM) Reply
Very sophisticated and stylish!
marjenann said... (12/14/07 8:16 AM) Reply
Great review! Great bag!
Babs42 said... (12/14/07 8:11 AM) Reply
Wow! The detail is so impressive. A gorgeous bag. Can I be one of the favorite women in your life? ;)
Ronda Rae said... (12/14/07 7:35 AM) Reply
i like that! Can you elaborate on the interfacing for the lining? I couldn't get a pic to open. I do not like loose lining either. The fabric is gorgeous! Should I be complimenting my competition? ;)
Annette1 said... (12/14/07 4:06 AM) Reply
Very classy! i think this is my favorite so far. :o)
007gurl said... (12/14/07 0:22 AM) Reply
That is a great bag!!!!
AnitaJ said... (12/13/07 11:24 PM) Reply
Great looking bag! Thanks for including your trial and errors in working with the faux leather appliques - very helpful info!
Englebert said... (12/13/07 9:17 PM) Reply