Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5512 (Lined dress and legging)

Reviewed by:CynthiaSue

About CynthiaSuestarstarstarstar
Member since: 10/11/03
Posted on:12/15/07 3:59 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

Dei said... (12/19/07 10:30 AM) Reply
I agree with all the above, this dress looks great. Beautiful shimmering color and it compliments you. It's a new silhouette that you've tried and kudos for doing that.
Heatherrique said... (12/18/07 9:00 PM) Reply
You look star-rific! You wear this style very well! I think you should make another dress in a different fabric!
Erica B. said... (12/17/07 1:21 PM) Reply
I think the dress turned out cute. I actually just made this dress for my 15 year old daughter.
SewSewHappy said... (12/17/07 12:08 PM) Reply
It's lovely and looks very, very nice on you.
Mahler said... (12/17/07 11:22 AM) Reply
We are often bad juges for ourselves. You look great in that dress... plus I am jealous you can wear this in winter ! The fabric is beautiful, simple and chic ! One more tumb up for your dress.
Leslie in Austin said... (12/17/07 10:03 AM) Reply
Gutsy choice that paid off in aces!! Had you asked before you made it, I would have said, yeah, too young, but the finished product looks super on you! You're ready to go clubbing with the supermodels in that very "now" dress.
CynthiaSue said... (12/16/07 10:06 PM) Reply
Thanks for the input. you guys are so helpful and full of positive reinforcement for a beginner!
Grammy Gin said... (12/16/07 4:29 PM) Reply
I don't think it looks too young on you! You look so pretty...I love the fabric & the neck & back, too!! ;-)
nadinec said... (12/16/07 11:23 AM) Reply
I agree with absolutely everyone! If I looked that good in a dress like that, I'd wear it everywhere! Don't ditch that pattern!
Nancy K said... (12/16/07 11:22 AM) Reply
I have to disagree with you. It looks lovely on you and you have the arms and shoulders to pull it off. This calls attention to the upper body, balancing your hips. Thought I have to say, I don't see pear shaped here. Good choice of material.
ryan's mom said... (12/16/07 10:22 AM) Reply
Wow! I think it looks terrific on you and not a little "too young". Very hip and fresh in fact.
cmarie12 said... (12/16/07 9:22 AM) Reply
It's sad that you don't like this dress because it looks great on you! And if you wanted to make it a little more elegant ~ making it in a black satiny or crepe fabric with a jeweled neckline would change it up a lot! I don't think you should get rid of the pattern just yet! :)
Babs42 said... (12/16/07 9:13 AM) Reply
You are nuts if you think that looks too young on you. You look gorgeous in it and I think if you have the body, any age could wear it. Beautiful!
ChristineBR said... (12/16/07 8:58 AM) Reply
Ditto to all the kudos. You look fab-u-lous, dahling.
Danvillegirl said... (12/16/07 7:50 AM) Reply
This dress IMHO looks great on you. With this neck and shoulder line, it makes you shoulders appear wider thus offsetting a fuller hip area. Let me say I don't see a pear shape when looking at this. You really look great in this dress. Perhpas it is just a case of a different style than what you usually wear.
FloraNature said... (12/16/07 6:41 AM) Reply
It's gorgeous! The neckline and fabric are fabulous. It would be such a shame not to wear it again. I think it would have worked better as a dress had it just covered the knees, then the fabric would have had more weight and hung better over the hips, as well as being more of a classic dress length. However, it would make a wonderful evening top or tunic (depending on how much you shortened it) over trousers or a long skirt.
Dmd4106 said... (12/15/07 11:23 PM) Reply
ditto the comments above for me too! Nice job
QueenZ said... (12/15/07 10:29 PM) Reply
I second the motion of all the above comments!!!
sandrasdaughter said... (12/15/07 10:14 PM) Reply
I love the dress and the fabric is BEAUTIFUL!
Em's Summer said... (12/15/07 9:13 PM) Reply
I think it looks great! I agree with those who think that you're probably not used to seeing yourself in this new silhouette, but it does work for you! Very cute dress!
KathleenS said... (12/15/07 6:49 PM) Reply
I agree with you - the neck and the back are lovely. Maybe the pattern has potential as a top.
northern nasturtium said... (12/15/07 5:44 PM) Reply
Oh, I don't think that looks too young for you at all. Great party dress!
Judy Wentz said... (12/15/07 5:41 PM) Reply
You look fabulous in this dress.
hongkongshopper said... (12/15/07 5:39 PM) Reply
I think you look really nice in the dress. The style works well for pear shapes. Maybe the style is just new to you, because you look great. (And not dressed too young)
Nancywin said... (12/15/07 5:08 PM) Reply
This dress looks wonderful on you and I'll be you got lots of compliments. I think we get so used to seeing ourselves in a certain style or shape of garment, that when we try a new look, we don't always like it. You look fab!
marjenann said... (12/15/07 5:01 PM) Reply
Trust me! You and the dress look fantastic!
milo1000 said... (12/15/07 4:44 PM) Reply
It's not too young! You look elegant.
Linda G said... (12/15/07 4:05 PM) Reply