Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 12-2007-116 (high-waisted trousers)

Reviewed by:Seamingly Simple

About Seamingly Simplestarstarstarstar
Member since: 12/23/03
Posted on:12/30/07 1:20 AM
Last Updated:12/30/07 1:20 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
Huldra said... (1/25/08 7:00 PM) Reply
Your pants look great! Thank you for the tips about constructing the waistband, and about the hook and eye. I didn't quite understand that part of the instructions... Hopefully I will have time to begin tracing those pants tomorrow!
Grammy Gin said... (12/31/07 12:35 PM) Reply
As ususal, great review! Your pants look really nice w/a good fit. ;-)
Danvillegirl said... (12/31/07 5:26 AM) Reply
Great looking pants.
nimble said... (12/31/07 4:25 AM) Reply
Hahaha "the apparent interest in fully clothed rearends"! Too funny! Awesome review - thanks for showing us the photo of straightening the hang. Very interesting!
MissCelie said... (12/30/07 8:38 PM) Reply
Those pants look fabulous! I love Steve. Please continue to grant him interviews.
Seamingly Simple said... (12/30/07 6:50 PM) Reply
sewbehind, I had no trouble measuring myself; taping a measuring tape onto a yardstick worked for the floor-to-waist measurements. Costume & Retro Kellie, Steve is an imaginary assistant who helps with my reviews. He asks the questions and can say things I won't, kind of like Dogbert answering the mail that Scott Adams is too polite to answer himself.
sewbehind said... (12/30/07 6:20 PM) Reply
Great looking pants. I could only wish! Your review reminded me that I purchased the Minott books. (both of them) The lady that I purchased it from suggested finding a fitting buddy to go through the book. Did you do the measuring yourself or a fitting buddy?
Heatherrique said... (12/30/07 3:56 PM) Reply
Very fun and informative review! I have this fear of buying RTW pants because I rarely could something that fits well and flatters my figure. So your review gave me a lot of incentive to solve my dilemma....The wonderful looking pants you made was well worth all your time, patience, and efforts you invested to get "that look and fit" that Mr/Mrs Jordache "would like to know better"!
PegL said... (12/30/07 3:26 PM) Reply
Great pants and a fun review!
Babs42 said... (12/30/07 12:22 PM) Reply
What a great review! It was so funny and your pants look great also!
Frogstitcher said... (12/30/07 12:05 PM) Reply
I know these are great fitting pants, I've had the pleasure of seeing them close-up. You look stylin' in them and with your matching suit jacket, these are perfect for the corporate world. I'm looking forward to more pants reviewed by you.
Seaspur said... (12/30/07 11:41 AM) Reply
The pants look fabulous. Always enjoy reading your reviews!
JudiBee2 said... (12/30/07 11:33 AM) Reply
this is great information. Thanks much for the fitting and waistband construction tips.
Kellie R. said... (12/30/07 10:58 AM) Reply
Fantastic pants and lovely fabric! Thanks for the informative review - I've yet to try pants... oh, and who is Steve? LOL
Fabricgurl said... (12/30/07 10:24 AM) Reply
Thanks for providing such an in-depth reivew on pants.
nancy2001 said... (12/30/07 9:57 AM) Reply
Your pants fit perfectly and look like a million bucks. And thank you for the entertaining and very helpful review.
carolynw said... (12/30/07 9:54 AM) Reply
Wow - talk about great fitting pants - you have hit it dead on. Congratulations!!
Tez said... (12/30/07 9:39 AM) Reply
Perfect pants. Thanks for a helpful review!
marjenann said... (12/30/07 9:28 AM) Reply
I am going to pray to the Pants' God!! I want pants that look as good as your's!
blue mooney said... (12/30/07 8:35 AM) Reply
Entertaining & informative review! A light bulb came on as I was looking at that Minott page you scanned - something new to try! You ended up with great fitting pants. Congratulations!
bluenines said... (12/30/07 8:21 AM) Reply
a great review , funny too. thank you for the links to you pants fitting process, your pants look great!
rivergum said... (12/30/07 5:10 AM) Reply
What a great review! Thanks for making the effort. Your pants look superb.
Elona said... (12/30/07 2:48 AM) Reply
Funny--and very helpful! And I think the pants, front and back, look great.

Marfy 2280