Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7610 (Betzina Jean Jacket)

Reviewed by:Cheryl Schwarz

About Cheryl Schwarz
SD USA
Posted on:4/17/03 12:13 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
joan said... (5/10/03 1:10 AM) Reply
I just completed this jacket. I love it. Sorry I dont have equipment to sent a photo..too bad. I piped the yoke and vertical seams and interfaced the front pcs. because I was concerned about the stability of the textured cotton I used...glad I did. I really like Betzina's pattern instructions and fit.
CatherineG said... (4/18/03 2:07 AM) Reply
I just bought this pattern and was wondering what it would be like to sew. Your jacket looks great.
Cheryl Schwarz said... (4/17/03 11:34 PM) Reply
Hey Mary, I just placed another order from Snap Source for their internet special colors (that makes 3 orders this month). Since the new color card doesn't have my favorite color any more (lime green) I felt I better stock up!!!
Mbarkle said... (4/17/03 10:27 PM) Reply
Cheryl, it's so pretty. Love the fabric and I seem drawn to jean jacket patterns lately. I made a couple of jean vests recently and it helps to carefully label the pieces. Don't you love snapsource snaps?
Cheryl Schwarz said... (4/17/03 7:33 PM) Reply
Thanks for the nice comments, I find that topstitching is easy to well with an edgestitching foot. I use mine on almost every garment I sew...cheryl
Alana Robson said... (4/17/03 4:52 PM) Reply
Very nice jacket. The snaps are definitely the perfect finishing touch. I like your other jackets too.
Elona said... (4/17/03 1:08 PM) Reply
What a good-looking jacket! This pattern seems to be a winner.
jlg said... (4/17/03 12:32 PM) Reply
Verypretty jacket. I've steered away from jean jacket patterns because they look difficult. Your review makes me rethink that. Maybe after some more practice topstitiching, I'll give this one a try. Thanks.

You Sew Girl 300mm Square Snap PATTERN ONLY Pattern