Pattern Reviews> Saf-T-Pockets> 9600 (Journey Jacket)

Reviewed by:Cheryl Schwarz

About Cheryl Schwarz
SD USA
Posted on:4/17/03 12:32 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
Cheryl Schwarz said... (4/17/03 7:31 PM) Reply
Hi All, I just wanted to add that this coat would be great sewed up with removable sleeves, either snaps, buttons etc...cheryl
Dale C said... (4/17/03 4:35 PM) Reply
Gee, all your jackets are wonderful! I have the pattern for the Saf-t-pockets shopping vest, made if for my mom. It runs big as well, but I suppose that's because it's made to stash stuff. Great travel gear.
Margaret said... (4/17/03 3:06 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review; it is nice to see another of these made up! I am finding that my belt closure is not working as well as I would like, more because I did not add walking ease (worried about matching stripes on my fabric) than because of the pockets. I don't find that things in the pockets show through, but I would like a more secure closure so I probably will add buttons or snaps. I love your fabric choice, the collar, and the idea of decorating the pockets inside! Lovely jacket.
Femme said... (4/17/03 2:15 PM) Reply
I've been thinking about making one of the Saf-T-Pockets patterns since I will be traveling a lot this summer. Your review is very helpful!! I'll probably end up making one of the vests since the coat will be too warm for the hot summer. This jacket looks great though! Deb
Irene said... (4/17/03 1:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! Great to see made up in this view, which is my favorite. Thanks for the review and comments about sizing. This pattern is in my stash, and now I'm encouraged to make it up!
Karen Bowers said... (4/17/03 12:37 PM) Reply
great job! i've heard this is a great "hot flash" coat because of the arm vents. i love how you personalized the pockets inside.

More Knits