Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3095 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:Jane S

About Jane Sstar
Posted on:1/1/08 10:00 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 23 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Suits / Separates    Skirts

marec said... (10/31/11 7:32 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern from another person and am excited about following your lead on this jacket. Your version is beautiful!
sideseams said... (1/8/08 8:28 PM) Reply
Oh, I love your jacket . It looks very nice on you. Thank you for the review. I have been thinking about trying this pattern.
Harriet Rogers said... (1/3/08 4:14 PM) Reply
Wow--you took the most ordinary looking patern and turned it into a fashionable, flattrering piece of clothing. Thanks for all the tips: wonderful looking on you. I, like another of the PR sewers, am putting this into my favorites.
Elemenopeo said... (1/2/08 8:56 PM) Reply
Looks great - good for you on the pocket from Threads. I always mean to make those type of things.
Danvillegirl said... (1/2/08 5:13 AM) Reply
Very attractive looking jacket!
nimble said... (1/2/08 2:48 AM) Reply
Spectacular Jacket!!! The neckline is so flattering and fabric and colors you used are perfection. Great tips on how you lowered the horizontal seam. I certainly can't see that you have a bad body part lol!
Helen near Sydney said... (1/2/08 1:07 AM) Reply
I have earmarked your excellent review for future reference - we seem to have similar body shapes so you've pretty much made me my 'wearable muslin' with this pattern!
Annette1 said... (1/2/08 0:08 AM) Reply
SO pretty! I love your version, and I like the fit so much better than as illustrated on the pattern. Great idea, too, moving that seam up. I'm going to try that myself.
Dee2 said... (1/1/08 8:31 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! Your version looks much nicer than the pattern envelope.
Sheila457 said... (1/1/08 6:07 PM) Reply
Talk about a fabulous jacket and love the slimming properties. I've added it to my wish list.
sewbehind said... (1/1/08 5:45 PM) Reply
Very nice. I like the simple lines of this jacket. The collar is really attractive in a different colour.
Kiwi Girl said... (1/1/08 4:00 PM) Reply
Wow, a stunning jacket. I agree with everyone else that your jacket looks much nicer than those on the pattern envelope. Great Job
rivergum said... (1/1/08 2:55 PM) Reply
That jacket looks spectacular on you. Nobody would ever guess that there are 'round bits' underneath at hip level. I love the colours and fabric too.
CarolynGM said... (1/1/08 2:13 PM) Reply
I love what you did with this pattern -- you made it totally your own.
Heatherrique said... (1/1/08 1:50 PM) Reply
I adore your interpretation of the jacket! You look absolutely stunning!
blue mooney said... (1/1/08 1:41 PM) Reply
very flattering jacket. you did a great job adapting this pattern, it looks soooo much better than the illustration!
Kay Y said... (1/1/08 12:52 PM) Reply
Good call on the changes you made, esp. at the shoulder line. The result is perfect for you!
Irene Q said... (1/1/08 12:40 PM) Reply
I love what you did with this jacket! Much nicer, and more flattering, than the original version. Looking forward to the other versions, too!
cecelia said... (1/1/08 12:15 PM) Reply
Jane, this turned out so well and looks very nice on you--very slimming too--a winner. I love the colors on you.
Lisa Merry said... (1/1/08 11:35 AM) Reply
Your version of the jacket is very beautiful and expensive-looking!
Shura said... (1/1/08 11:10 AM) Reply
I agree, your jacket is really stunning and I didn't see that in the pattern illustration. The collar and cuff contrast is great as is your choice of clasp...bravo!
redhead said... (1/1/08 10:52 AM) Reply
Wow, that is so much nicer than the pattern illustration. Kwik Sew fools me again. I had never looked at this pattern. Thanks and great project!
carolynw said... (1/1/08 10:32 AM) Reply
Your jacket is so beautiful - I have the pattern and now you have motivated me to use it! Thanks for the heads up on the waist seam placement - would definitely not be good place for me either as I do have more there than I want to show off!!