Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3095 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:Jane S

About Jane Sstar
FL USA
Posted on:1/1/08 10:00 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 22 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Suits / Separates    Skirts
marec said... (10/31/11 7:32 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern from another person and am excited about following your lead on this jacket. Your version is beautiful!
sideseams said... (1/8/08 8:28 PM) Reply
Oh, I love your jacket . It looks very nice on you. Thank you for the review. I have been thinking about trying this pattern.
Harriet Rogers said... (1/3/08 4:14 PM) Reply
Wow--you took the most ordinary looking patern and turned it into a fashionable, flattrering piece of clothing. Thanks for all the tips: wonderful looking on you. I, like another of the PR sewers, am putting this into my favorites.
Elemenopeo said... (1/2/08 8:56 PM) Reply
Looks great - good for you on the pocket from Threads. I always mean to make those type of things.
Danvillegirl said... (1/2/08 5:13 AM) Reply
Very attractive looking jacket!
nimble said... (1/2/08 2:48 AM) Reply
Spectacular Jacket!!! The neckline is so flattering and fabric and colors you used are perfection. Great tips on how you lowered the horizontal seam. I certainly can't see that you have a bad body part lol!
Helen near Sydney said... (1/2/08 1:07 AM) Reply
I have earmarked your excellent review for future reference - we seem to have similar body shapes so you've pretty much made me my 'wearable muslin' with this pattern!
Annette1 said... (1/2/08 0:08 AM) Reply
SO pretty! I love your version, and I like the fit so much better than as illustrated on the pattern. Great idea, too, moving that seam up. I'm going to try that myself.
Dee2 said... (1/1/08 8:31 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! Your version looks much nicer than the pattern envelope.
Sheila457 said... (1/1/08 6:07 PM) Reply
Talk about a fabulous jacket and love the slimming properties. I've added it to my wish list.
sewbehind said... (1/1/08 5:45 PM) Reply
Very nice. I like the simple lines of this jacket. The collar is really attractive in a different colour.
Kiwi Girl said... (1/1/08 4:00 PM) Reply
Wow, a stunning jacket. I agree with everyone else that your jacket looks much nicer than those on the pattern envelope. Great Job
rivergum said... (1/1/08 2:55 PM) Reply
That jacket looks spectacular on you. Nobody would ever guess that there are 'round bits' underneath at hip level. I love the colours and fabric too.
CarolynGM said... (1/1/08 2:13 PM) Reply
I love what you did with this pattern -- you made it totally your own.
Heatherrique said... (1/1/08 1:50 PM) Reply
I adore your interpretation of the jacket! You look absolutely stunning!
blue mooney said... (1/1/08 1:41 PM) Reply
very flattering jacket. you did a great job adapting this pattern, it looks soooo much better than the illustration!
Kay Y said... (1/1/08 12:52 PM) Reply
Good call on the changes you made, esp. at the shoulder line. The result is perfect for you!
Irene Q said... (1/1/08 12:40 PM) Reply
I love what you did with this jacket! Much nicer, and more flattering, than the original version. Looking forward to the other versions, too!
cecelia said... (1/1/08 12:15 PM) Reply
Jane, this turned out so well and looks very nice on you--very slimming too--a winner. I love the colors on you.
Lisa Merry said... (1/1/08 11:35 AM) Reply
Your version of the jacket is very beautiful and expensive-looking!
Shura said... (1/1/08 11:10 AM) Reply
I agree, your jacket is really stunning and I didn't see that in the pattern illustration. The collar and cuff contrast is great as is your choice of clasp...bravo!
redhead said... (1/1/08 10:52 AM) Reply
Wow, that is so much nicer than the pattern illustration. Kwik Sew fools me again. I had never looked at this pattern. Thanks and great project!
carolynw said... (1/1/08 10:32 AM) Reply
Your jacket is so beautiful - I have the pattern and now you have motivated me to use it! Thanks for the heads up on the waist seam placement - would definitely not be good place for me either as I do have more there than I want to show off!!

Understanding Knit Fabrics
Understanding Knit Fabrics

Burda 8860

by: FreyaStark

SewBaby Easy to Sew Baby Layette Pattern

SewBaby Easy to Sew Baby Layette Pattern

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

Ottobre Design Magazine 06-2008-3