Online Sewing Class: Pattern Work

Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 1950 (Max's Jacket)

Reviewed by:SewKnitYKnot

Last Updated:1/4/08 5:48 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
SewKnitYKnot said... (1/7/08 7:43 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the really nice comments. You have all given me such a confidence boost. :) Nancywin - yes I plan on using snf again soon. Probably on a spring jacket for DD. Annette1 - wow, thanks for the compliment!
Annette1 said... (1/7/08 3:37 AM) Reply
And by the way, I think you should up your rating to at least "Intermediate," and I'm never wrong about these things. :o)
Annette1 said... (1/7/08 3:35 AM) Reply
What a BEAUTY. I love, love, love the combination of your fabrics, ribbon and piping. I can't believe I've never noticed this pattern before! You're going to be a bad influence on me!
Nancywin said... (1/5/08 5:32 PM) Reply
This turned out well and looks good on you. Do you think you will snf on your next one? I really like the technique
Jan B. said... (1/5/08 3:11 PM) Reply
Beautiful work! Your jacket turned out so great. I, too, was curious about these patterns. I'm still tweaking my pattern for this class, and Shannon's knit class begins Monday (which I am also taking). It's great to learn a new technique during the Winter season.
cindy-lou said... (1/5/08 12:19 PM) Reply
Wow! Beqautiful jacket, and congratulations on completing a stitch-and-flip! I also took the class but currently am at the pattern-tweaking stage. I'm inspired by how nicely yours turned out!
busy bee said... (1/5/08 11:59 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for a review of this jacket. I bought the pattern last year and it's on my list of projects. I was looking forward to the good instructions and was hoping someone would make one before I did. Thanks! It looks beautiful. I love the simplicity of this design.
SewKnitYKnot said... (1/5/08 11:25 AM) Reply
Lilyofthevalley -- Thanks! I used Silhouette size 3 B-cup. The fabric is either wool or a wool blend (I had it in my stash & didn't record the content). I used gross grain ribbon for the ties, and the trim is something I found at JoAnn's. I was worried that it was too narrow, but it worked out just fine.
Elemenopeo said... (1/5/08 11:12 AM) Reply
Very elegant.
meanjean said... (1/5/08 10:06 AM) Reply
Stunning jacket. I love your edge treatment. What an elegant touch to an elegant jacket.
lilyofthevalley said... (1/5/08 10:02 AM) Reply
Lovely sleek and body conscious style which you executed beautifully. May I ask which cup size pattern you used? And of what fabric/ribbon did you make the ties? -Lily
SewKnitYKnot said... (1/5/08 9:11 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone! Bonnie K -- I did not lengthen the jacket. In all honesty, when it was time to create the tie front, I just put the jacket on and decided where I would like it to be, so I may have placed the tie higher than originally intended. I'm also on the short-side, so those two things combined may be why the jacket pictured on the pattern looks shorter? In any event, if you would like your jacket to be longer or if you are tall, lengthening the jacket shouldn't be a problem. There are even some instructions included in the pattern on how to do that.
blue mooney said... (1/5/08 8:05 AM) Reply
Looks lovely and the piping us a sumptuous but subtle touch.
Karen8320 said... (1/5/08 5:45 AM) Reply
This is a really lovely jacket and you've done a great job. The fabric looks just perfect for this garment.
kathi s said... (1/4/08 11:09 PM) Reply
I love your jacket and how it fits so beautifully. Great job!
Peggy L said... (1/4/08 10:46 PM) Reply
Very nice!
Bonnie K said... (1/4/08 10:31 PM) Reply
Wow, gorgeous jacket, I did notice that the pattern picture shows the jacket several inches shorter than yours. Did you lenthen yours or is the picture not accurate? I'd sure like to know before investing in this pattern.
AnneMarie60 said... (1/4/08 9:12 PM) Reply
I love the style and the color and texture.
Seaspur said... (1/4/08 7:52 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks wonderful!
marjenann said... (1/4/08 6:43 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket!! A real wardrobe asset!
Kaitlinnegan said... (1/4/08 6:23 PM) Reply
Oo! I love your jacket. I don't really wear jackets, and I already have 2 or 3 jacket patterns in my stash..but you've really got me thinking about this one.
carolynw said... (1/4/08 6:09 PM) Reply
This is absolutely lovely - love the fabric and th epiping adds that haute coture touch!
sideseams said... (1/4/08 5:59 PM) Reply
I love your jacket. Peggy is coming to our sewing guild's anniversary event this September. Really look forward to her program. Thanks for the very helpful review.
Sherril Miller said... (1/4/08 3:35 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket. I'd love to see a pic of the inside showing your stitch/flip technique.
rivergum said... (1/4/08 2:48 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks gorgeous and thanks for the review. I have been looking for a pattern with this sort of neck/collar and would not have thought of looking at this brand.
Linda G said... (1/4/08 1:43 PM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful. The fabric is yummy and I like the grey piping.

Maggie Paper Pattern