Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6457 (Misses dress)

Reviewed by:rivergum

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Accessories

Other Projects by rivergum using this Pattern

RubyJean said... (5/14/09 6:43 PM) Reply
I think your dress is gorgeous! Silk is the most lovely, pain-in-the-*** fabric. Wow, you have courage and skill to even dare to work with it.
Annette1 said... (1/7/08 3:41 AM) Reply
So, so pretty! I can almost feel it swishing around my OWN legs after this review. :o)
Jane S said... (1/6/08 9:33 AM) Reply
SO much fun to read and so informative to learn how you won the battle. I love that dress on you, feminie and beautifully fitting.
Grammy Gin said... (1/5/08 4:42 PM) Reply
Fantastic fabric! You look lovely in your new creation. I really enjoyed your review! ;-)
ButtonFaith said... (1/5/08 1:41 PM) Reply
What a great review! Not only helpful but enjoyable! I was with you all the way! Beautiful dress and you can strut your victory everytime you wear it!
Larkin said... (1/5/08 10:39 AM) Reply
I think we might have more than one diva here! Both beautiful, both going for the gusto! Your dress is divine and your review a delight!
meanjean said... (1/5/08 10:09 AM) Reply
Don't you live it when your fabric talks back to you? :-) Wonderful review and lovely dress!
Danvillegirl said... (1/5/08 7:22 AM) Reply
Pretty dress. I agree with you that the belt is not needed.
BillieJean said... (1/5/08 7:21 AM) Reply
What a fun review to read! And the dress is beautiful.
Karen8320 said... (1/5/08 6:08 AM) Reply
Frantic, you are certainly sewing up a storm at the moment and your creations are fantastic! This dress is gorgeous and looks terrific on you. I love your sense of humour and your review is absolutely fabulous!
Leslie in NZ said... (1/5/08 1:00 AM) Reply
Very, very lovely. Thanks for the hilarious review.
Tiner W said... (1/4/08 10:01 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Very clever review!
Kaitlinnegan said... (1/4/08 6:20 PM) Reply
Hah! I love the anthropomorphization! The dress is gorgeous - definitely looks like it was worth the battle of wills. :)
Shura said... (1/4/08 3:50 PM) Reply
What a wonderful review, and on a day I really needed a good laugh! The fact that you got a lovely dress out of it is just an added bonus. Bravo!
ladybegood said... (1/4/08 2:02 PM) Reply
Thanks for writing the separate review. I appreciate the fabric tips.
Vintage Joan said... (1/4/08 11:48 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress -- great review!
Luckylibbet said... (1/4/08 10:50 AM) Reply
Great dress, and I'm glad you managed to overcome the difficulties. For future - if you plan to wash the charmeuse - you can heavily spray starch it before attempting to cut & sew. Then wash the starch out. Works for me.
cmarie12 said... (1/4/08 10:07 AM) Reply
What a great review! I hung on baited breathe to see what would happen next! I am so glad that you tamed the diva and the dress is very pretty.
carolynw said... (1/4/08 9:54 AM) Reply
Love your dress and thanks for such an amusing review - the next time I get into a fight with silk charmeuse will remember - it's not me it's the diva's attitude LOL
gatorgirl4325 said... (1/4/08 9:21 AM) Reply
Very funny review - love the colors of your silk!
cecelia said... (1/4/08 8:56 AM) Reply
I love your review--I'll think of it when I sew with charmeuse next time, very funny! The dress is beautiful--you won!!
marjenann said... (1/4/08 8:26 AM) Reply
Look out Posh Spice!!! We have a new fashion Diva!! This dress is to die for, Frantic!! I love your newest creation!!!
Mel.J said... (1/4/08 7:56 AM) Reply
You are a crack-up. Thanks for the review, & nice dress. :D
Cody7 said... (1/4/08 2:39 AM) Reply
I am so glad you won your battle with the diva! Your dress is gorgeous. I love silk also it is a beatiful fabric to wear. I loved your review. Very funny!

by: marec