Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 7267 vintage (Cowl neck dress)

Reviewed by:morzel

Sweater knit fabrics

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Annette1 said... (1/7/08 3:48 AM) Reply
What a great pattern, and your version is so pretty and flattering! The fur is the perfect touch. :o) I have a fur collar that came off of one of my Mom's old coats that I pop on from time to time over coats and jackets.
Grammy Gin said... (1/6/08 10:15 AM) Reply
So fashionable! The mink trim is a cute idea, too. Your new figure is so sleek that you don't need plain black dresses .. but it's nice to be able to sew one because you want to! ;-)
Jane S said... (1/6/08 9:36 AM) Reply
I too love those great vintage pattern and your lovely result encourages me to try knocking one off myself. I love the lines of this dress...and you can do a cowl on the next one!
chemmom said... (1/5/08 11:34 AM) Reply
I always like classic, feminine looking clothes. This dress would be fabulous in velvet or a shiny fabric (with the mink trim). Red, burgundy, chocolate brown, and even a midnight blue.
Larkin said... (1/5/08 10:53 AM) Reply
Congratulations on your effort! Your dress is smart and sophisticated. Best wishes as you continue with vintage patterns.
Peggy L said... (1/5/08 8:51 AM) Reply
I remember that pattern, too. Great dress.
CynthiaSue said... (1/5/08 1:33 AM) Reply
this is absolutely adorable. your princess seams look wonderful.
gaby said... (1/4/08 8:42 PM) Reply
I can see why you fell in love with that vintage pattern - it's fab! Your version is great!
Heatherrique said... (1/4/08 4:31 PM) Reply
Very glamorous! Nice job!
rivergum said... (1/4/08 2:56 PM) Reply
The dress looks very stylish. I especially love the fur trim, very elegant and just a little bit whimsical, in a fun way.
gatorgirl4325 said... (1/4/08 9:03 AM) Reply
I really like the lines of your dress - it looks great even though the cowl didn't turn out like you planned!
madhatter said... (1/4/08 8:34 AM) Reply
superschön - hut ab! ^-^
Linda G said... (1/4/08 8:18 AM) Reply
Darling you did a great job, I remember that pattern! The 1942 book on vintage sewing.info has instructions for cutting a cowl neckline, that is a great patternmaking source, I think the author is Pepin or something close to that. I like the book so much that I printed the entire thing out and spiralled it together.

by: rmusic1

BRIDAL COUTURE, a CD book by Susan Khalje

BRIDAL COUTURE, a CD book by Susan Khalje

Shapes Four Good Measure Pattern (Size 1-3)

Shapes Four Good Measure Pattern (Size 1-3)