Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2077 (Vogue's Basic Design (OOP))

Reviewed by:cabinbaby

About cabinbabystarstarstarstar
AK USA
Member since: 4/8/07
Posted on:1/8/08 0:21 AM
Last Updated:1/8/08 0:24 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people

dreamdesigner said... (7/15/08 9:52 PM) Reply
OMG! If you're a pear, I'm wondering what I am!!! Very cute on you!
jessbev said... (1/10/08 11:14 PM) Reply
I also see no pear..... just a great dress. I'm also a pear and am always on the lookout for flattering dresses.... This one seems perfect for you!!!
g mcgregor said... (1/10/08 1:11 PM) Reply
I'm with everyone else. This dress is extremely cute, very flattering, totally shows off your waist and great shoulders, and you look balanced and not at all pearlike. This dress is great on you.
ryan's mom said... (1/10/08 11:07 AM) Reply
I didn't see any evidence of a pear! I think the dress looks great on you.
Kellie R. said... (1/9/08 2:53 PM) Reply
That dress is so fun and very flattering on you. I agree with the others, what pear? I'm a pear and don't look as slim as you do. Great job.
j222b said... (1/8/08 8:15 PM) Reply
I think it looks good, but you're the final and best judge of what looks good on you of course.
cabinbaby said... (1/8/08 6:15 PM) Reply
Ok guys, I need to take a side shot for you. I think then you will see what I mean. If I am facing the camera, you're right, it doesn't look bad. I'll try to get another picture tonight.
mary in FL said... (1/8/08 6:09 PM) Reply
If you "had no idea" what you were doing with the zipper, take these words of advice from my DD: "The dress looks great, so don't look inside!"
pterion said... (1/8/08 9:35 AM) Reply
Ditto what they said. I immediately thought "what pear?" too. It's really very flattering.
squilts said... (1/8/08 9:29 AM) Reply
Wow, that looks from the photo that it is very flattering shape for you. Nancywin has a great tip for doing invisible zippers with a lined pattern. http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/review/readreview.pl?readreview=1&ID=1450 I just used it yesterday!
AnneMarie60 said... (1/8/08 8:24 AM) Reply
I agree with the others' comments. This dress looks great on you.
CarolynGM said... (1/8/08 7:42 AM) Reply
What do you mean, not for you!! This dress could hardly be more flattering. Make it again!
morzel said... (1/8/08 3:00 AM) Reply
Are we talking about the same dress? I can see no pear (and I know, what a pear shaped figure is!!!). I can see a waist. In fact, I think this dress is extremly flattering for you! Now, for a pear this would be great, as the neckline and shoulders are perfect to widen the shoulders (to balance the hip/thigh area). And you are right, waist shaping is perfect. Maybe itīs the angle of the photoshot, but it does look like the dress posesses this feature! I just love the looks of it, and when opening the picture my thought was " wow, just the right style for her!"
ladybegood said... (1/8/08 2:32 AM) Reply
Too cute! You look perfectly Mod in this dress, esp with those boots!

by: artysam