Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4386 (Sheath Dress)

Viewed 1935 times

Last Updated:2/1/08 9:45 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people

Other Projects by squilts using this Pattern

heapha said... (3/16/09 7:23 AM) Reply
thanks - your review is almost as fabulous as the finished dress you have.... almost but not quite
cecelia said... (2/2/08 5:13 PM) Reply
Beautiful--I'm glad you finished this--it looks marvelous!
Betsybobbin said... (2/2/08 9:21 AM) Reply
You look elegant in this dress! Yours looks much better than the pattern envelope.
cabinbaby said... (2/2/08 1:28 AM) Reply
I love this dress! You have inspired to start working on my sheath dress again. Thanks for the review.
Nancywin said... (2/2/08 0:26 AM) Reply
I love this dress! The fit looks fantastic and your zipper looks great! Thanks for the heads up on the Marcy Tilton book. I have a couple of the other books in the Easy Guide to... series and really like them. I'll have to add this one to my list. I'm so glad the tip on zippers helped you. You always wonder if anyone will really be able to understand what the heck it is you're trying to say! Again, great dress!
lilyofthevalley said... (2/1/08 8:23 PM) Reply
Skilled workmanship and attention to fit details has resulted in the perfect LBD. It's really sophisticated and can be accessorized in countless creative ways. Congrats on a superbly flattering outcome. -Lily
KathleenS said... (2/1/08 6:24 PM) Reply
It looks great!
said... (2/1/08 1:19 PM) Reply
I really enjoyed your review. Great looking dress and what a fantastic looking zipper.
Em's Summer said... (2/1/08 11:55 AM) Reply
Great dress and great review with lots of tips!
squilts said... (2/1/08 11:48 AM) Reply
Marji - It wasn't my intention to say that the tutorial wasn't helpful, just that it didn't mesh with the way my mind works =(. I love that you can always find alternative ways for doing the same thing!
Marji said... (2/1/08 10:49 AM) Reply
looks fabulous! I'm sorry you had difficulty with the tutorial I directed you to, and glad that Nancy provided the answers. I still love this dress pattern best for the basic little sheath - once the ridiculously high bust dart issues are taken care of. Enjoy your dress, it fits you beautifully.
Vintage Joan said... (2/1/08 10:27 AM) Reply
Great review -- knockout little black dress! :)
SewKnitYKnot said... (2/1/08 10:16 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! It looks like it fits perfectly. I love the simple, classic look.

Burda 5674