Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2898 (Misses Wardrobe patter)

Reviewed by:Marji

About Marjistarstarstarstar
MO USA
Member since: 9/19/06
Posted on:1/11/08 1:34 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Pants    Skirts
LauraLo said... (1/14/08 9:12 AM) Reply
That's beautiful, I love it! I've starring at the jacket for ages and can't tell the grainline is off
Kellie R. said... (1/12/08 6:52 PM) Reply
I looked at the pictures, then was surprised to read that you had issues! It looks fantastic and your sister is happy! P.S. I noticed the welt pockets too!
Danvillegirl said... (1/12/08 10:25 AM) Reply
Very nice! Really great fabric colors.
SusiM said... (1/12/08 0:22 AM) Reply
So good of you to share your frustrations as well as your successes. We've all been there. The garments are beautiful.
Cheryl Reeves said... (1/11/08 10:09 PM) Reply
Well, I feel and understand your pain. However, it looks like it turned out great. The jacket does not look like it is made of $2.00 a yard fabric. Your welt pockets look very nice.
lilyofthevalley said... (1/11/08 7:16 PM) Reply
The jacket is beautiful and your comments very timely. I *just* finished for my sister a zipped vest w/zipped pockets made from the worst, twisted and torqued plaid fleece that she just HAD to have b/c she LOVED the fabric. I know your pain. Bless us sewing sisters! -Lily
hongkongshopper said... (1/11/08 6:11 PM) Reply
Yep, another one who thinks it looks great. All the fussing seems to have worked ok in the end.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (1/11/08 5:04 PM) Reply
I think the jacket looks lovely, very nice review. Your sister is very lucky to have you sew all these great outfits for her.
LindsayT said... (1/11/08 2:31 PM) Reply
Ditto Birgitte's comment! Great review and great outfit! I'm impressed.
Birgitte said... (1/11/08 1:55 PM) Reply
I know exactly how you feel about 'wearable' muslins... But the jacket looks great and if she's happy, and you get to move on to the next, then all is well. I love the whole outfit!

Favorite Things An Everyday Bag Pattern