Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Amy Butler> AB021WT (Weekender Travel Bag)

Reviewed by:MelissaB in WA

Last Updated:1/13/08 4:41 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people

Sweater knit fabrics

JDpenelope said... (7/4/09 7:06 AM) Reply
Melissa -- Beautiful bag and interesting review. It is a good warning to sew-ers like me, who tend to take on projects above our skill level. Thanks for the warning. I'm reading through all the reviews -- If I can get a result like yours, it might be worth it.
F and L said... (2/14/08 4:02 PM) Reply
Goodness, Melissa. It is so incredibly beautiful that the horror of your story of making it does not overcome my desire to have one; you've only increased it! You did such an amazing job.
CynthiaSue said... (1/26/08 0:05 AM) Reply
this is darling. And you were so much kinder in your review than I was in mine! Enjoy your cute bag!
Hooptastic said... (1/18/08 12:32 PM) Reply
Comments on the lining were very helpful! Another review showed a photo of the inside...yes...it's baggie!
SheriF said... (1/18/08 11:59 AM) Reply
This is why I love patternreview.com. I want to try this pattern, but now my eyes are wide open that it will be difficult (it's not me!) but worth the effort. Beautiful bag. Thanks for the inspiration.
quiltsammon said... (1/16/08 11:18 PM) Reply
Beautiful! You'll love carrying it around I'm sure! Thanks for the great review!
gatorgirl4325 said... (1/14/08 10:29 AM) Reply
Your bag is absolutely fabulous - your long hours of work paid off!
Mufffet said... (1/14/08 9:53 AM) Reply
Your bag is so pretty! That *IS* a lot of work. Thanks for a realistic review and enjoy your bag!
slanden99 said... (1/14/08 8:54 AM) Reply
Gorgeous bag! Love your fabrics. For the lining--next time you line a bag or hat, cut the lining out a tad smaller than the pattern piece. This will prevent a saggy lining
cindyann said... (1/14/08 8:13 AM) Reply
Beautiful fabric choice. I really want to make this bag, but now I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble. I had a project like this once and I swore I'd never, ever sew it again......Must say that your effort was worth it. It's Fabulous.
Ronda Rae said... (1/14/08 7:54 AM) Reply
It looks great. I know what you're talking about. I've made this bag. I agree with you on the lining. You didn't mention that it doesn't call for inside pocket. I will do that next time I sew it. I bought material (in December) to make. I will try fusing some interfacing to the lining. I'm obviously glutton for punishment. It's been 2 years since I made it though. Maybe it's like having a baby- you forget the pain?
Blooms said... (1/14/08 4:30 AM) Reply
What a fab bag...well worth the effort
sweetviolets said... (1/14/08 0:37 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous. A classy look for traveling!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (1/13/08 11:58 PM) Reply
Beautiful, classy, gorgeous!! Enjoy!!
KarmenG said... (1/13/08 10:48 PM) Reply
Gorgeous and it shows the level of effort you put into it. I love your fabric print selections. Well done!
AnneMarie60 said... (1/13/08 9:16 PM) Reply
Your bag looks fantastic! I made a travel bag using a Butterick pattern last year. I remember feeling as you do just after I finished it, but I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed using my travel bag, so I am quite proud of myself for having invested my time (and sore fingers) into its creation.
crisford said... (1/13/08 7:22 PM) Reply
Okay, I want the bag, but I don't want to go through all that! It is beautiful though!
Sherril Miller said... (1/13/08 6:47 PM) Reply
So worth the effort. It's beautiful!
Sheila457 said... (1/13/08 6:45 PM) Reply
Beautiful bag.
Christina Sonja said... (1/13/08 6:35 PM) Reply
Well all of your hard work really paid off. I love the shape of this bag.
pterion said... (1/13/08 6:27 PM) Reply
It's a gorgeous bag. I'm sorry it was so painful to make... the results are so striking though!
Stacy Sews said... (1/13/08 5:55 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!!! I hear your pain on making this bag - I got so frustrated with it that I abandoned it mid-project.... after seeing yours, maybe I should re-think it!
Sigrid. said... (1/13/08 5:47 PM) Reply
It really is an awesome bag. This is one of two bag patterns I recently bought, but I postpone starting sewing one of them. You certainly encourage me to go for it soon!
Leslie in Austin said... (1/13/08 5:24 PM) Reply
I feel your pain, sister. That is a physically challenging bag to make, but look at those results!!
MissCelie said... (1/13/08 4:48 PM) Reply
Well, the bag is stunning. I've had this pattern for about six months now, but haven't worked my way up to it. You are inspiring me to get cracking!
Lori V said... (1/13/08 4:43 PM) Reply
Melissa, your bag is gorgeous and I love the colors. I have made this bag and totally understand, I don't think I will make another one either.

Pants Fitting DVD