Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8434 (The Vogue Woman)

Reviewed by:carolynw

About carolynwstarstarstar
Member since: 3/19/05
Posted on:1/15/08 4:57 PM
Last Updated:1/15/08 5:01 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants    Skirts
Mahler said... (1/21/08 1:35 PM) Reply
This is soo beautiful ! You look fabulous with it. Bravo vraiment !
Larkin said... (1/16/08 4:58 PM) Reply
Thanks for the hints about stablizing. Your top is beautiful!
carolynw said... (1/16/08 8:15 AM) Reply
LOL Annette - I was going to PM you to tell you to be sure to get the double sided fusible also - and did you get both the black and white in the other? I will let you know where to get Touch of Gold - away today and tomorrow so will talk with you Friday. Notions don't count in the Fabric Fast and one day you will thank me - I know this my friend
CarolynGM said... (1/16/08 6:52 AM) Reply
Looks like a really nice style for you to wear on your cruise. This is an attractive pattern that I had never noticed before.
ITAdmin said... (1/16/08 6:11 AM) Reply
Very pretty as usual. I also think it's a very flattering style for you.
Karen8320 said... (1/16/08 3:26 AM) Reply
Clin, I think this looks really lovely. It's a bit different to the usual tops that we tend to see and I think it's a very flattering style on you. Everything about it is slimming (which is what I look for!) - the V-neck, the tie drapes which add length and the long sleeves - and they all detract from what we perceive as our figure flaws. It looks great!
leanmeansewingmachine said... (1/15/08 9:46 PM) Reply
Beautiful top! I'd never know there were problems with the facings
Cheryl Reeves said... (1/15/08 9:38 PM) Reply
Your blouse looks very elegant and expensive. Classy!
Jennifer shaw said... (1/15/08 9:09 PM) Reply
Wow! This is a great looking blouse. Thanks for another wonderful review- you always make me want to sew.
Lori V said... (1/15/08 8:50 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse, have fun on your cruise.
Enid E said... (1/15/08 8:34 PM) Reply
Oh, Clin, I love the fabric and how well you make this blouse look! Enjoy your cruise!
Puppy said... (1/15/08 8:26 PM) Reply
There's no "fluff where you don't need it"...it's quite flattering, foxy even!
Riordan said... (1/15/08 8:22 PM) Reply
Very pretty--the princess seams give a really nice shape to the top!
maidathome said... (1/15/08 7:38 PM) Reply
That top looks great on you. Very nice.
jlg said... (1/15/08 7:34 PM) Reply
Very pretty and becoming on you.
Annette1 said... (1/15/08 7:32 PM) Reply
Thanks a a lot, Carolyn. Not only did I order the stinkin' fusible bias tape, but I ordered the stinkin' "Design Plus Ultra-Soft Double-sided Fusible Web." Now I'm going to search for the stinkin' Touch of Gold, but I'll just have to bookmark it for now. After all, I don't want the fabric fasters to feel too smug over my purchases and their lack thereof. :o) Maybe notions don't count though!
Annette1 said... (1/15/08 7:22 PM) Reply
Thanks for this VERY helpful review! I just recently got this pattern. Had looked at it and looked at it, and thought, well, would I REALLY wear that long of a top, or do I just IMAGINE that I would, and might even look like that lady does in hers? :o) Then the lightbulb went on and I saw the version you've made here. :o) I LOVE yours. I also hate those ties that go around the back -- WON'T make them -- so this is already a step ahead of the game. I'm going to look up that fusible stay tape and also the Touch of Gold, which I've heard yuo mention before. Thanks a million for the great review!
AnneMarie60 said... (1/15/08 7:07 PM) Reply
I agree with didda's comments. Even though the fabric was difficult, it certainly drapes very well. I love it.
mommietothree0 said... (1/15/08 6:30 PM) Reply
That looks very nice on you! Hope you enjoy it.
marjenann said... (1/15/08 5:35 PM) Reply
Wow!! Another really beautiful piece!! You look smashing!! Thanks too for the great review!!!
said... (1/15/08 5:29 PM) Reply
Love your fabric and it looks great on you. You'll look great on your cruise.
didda said... (1/15/08 5:26 PM) Reply
well, you are going to be the best dressed lady on board! very pretty top. this is another one of those patterns i keep looking at but not buying. for some reason the photo on the envelope just doesn't tickle my fancy. but when i see other people wearing it, i like it very much.
Kellie R. said... (1/15/08 5:23 PM) Reply
You certainly can't see the facing in the pictures. It looks great and suits the fabric very well.

By Hand London Polly Top