Pattern Reviews> Petite Plus Patterns> 201 (Zip Front Jacket)

Reviewed by:spratley

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Petite
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Plus

spratley said... (1/22/08 7:29 PM) Reply
Hi o3b: Yeah, not sure where the "narrow shoulder" bit comes from, because my shoulders and bust have always been my challenge in getting ready to wear and normal patterns to fit. You've tried them on, so you know they will work! Yes, plan is to continue to lose a bit more weight, and I'll grade down as I need. Don't seem to lose in the shoulders, and not much through the bust...just through the back and then waist down. Recently got a dressmakers form, so hope that will help with the fitting on the top half. Have to do flat seat adjustment for any pants I make.
o3b said... (1/22/08 2:04 AM) Reply
I'd love to see your jackets! I find your comments on being put off with the "narrow shoulder" part very interesting - I am also a swimmer and had exactly the same hesitation. After trying her garments on at the Sew Expo, I didn't care what my shoulders were called, b/c the items fit so well. I, too, feel that some of the envelope drawings do not do the patterns justice. You mentioned that you have lost weight - will you continue to lose weight and just grade the patterns down?
spratley said... (1/21/08 11:51 AM) Reply
I'm in Victoria, as well. Met Kathleen several years ago at the Sewing Fair. I saw that she was doing a class on the wrap jacket, and although it isn't my favorite style of hers, I'm tempted to take the class just to get her experience. My "height", such as it is, is in my legs (have to lengthen her pants pattern) and I get a good fit in the tops. Good luck.
Michelle T said... (1/17/08 6:30 PM) Reply
Great review. I am looking forward to taking a class with Kathleen in Victoria on fitting the wrap jacket. Like you I am 5'4", but my height is in my legs, so I am hoping to get a good fit in her tops.

by: Jenny80