Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 10-2007-105 (Dress w. box pleats)

Reviewed by:cindy-lou

About cindy-loustarstarstar
Member since: 7/21/06
Posted on:1/20/08 10:38 AM
Last Updated:1/20/08 6:40 PM

Vesta Patterns

Dmd4106 said... (1/30/08 0:24 AM) Reply
You look terrific. Perfect blend.
CypGrl said... (1/23/08 8:31 PM) Reply
I'm digging out that issue of Burda WOF right now!!!
Marji said... (1/23/08 8:31 AM) Reply
ohhh, I want one too! That is fabulous on you. Great detail in the review too. And... I love your hair.
MelissaB in WA said... (1/22/08 11:49 PM) Reply
What a fantastic dress Cindy Lou! I have that on my *must* make list too. Great job on conquering BWOF!!!! I'm so behind in reading reviews, I will go check out what else you've made right away. P.S. Love your Burda poses too! :-)
jaeng said... (1/22/08 10:02 AM) Reply
Awesome dress, fantastic hairs, you looks fab! You are very brave to make this dress in knit. I can't believe that it can be pull over without zipper but still get the fitted bodice. I agree it is great dress for young people and over 40 like us too. It seems like we like the same style of fashion. May I suggest you to sew my very first pattern that Burdastyle uploaded yesterday. It's called JJ, a blouse with ruffles.
carolynw said... (1/21/08 9:03 AM) Reply
Very, very nice
AnneMarie60 said... (1/21/08 8:26 AM) Reply
Great job. The drape of your fabric is a perfect choice for this style.
OP Gal said... (1/21/08 7:52 AM) Reply
Love the review. I think you've got those nicegirl poses down pat. The dress is beautiful and doesn't look simple to construct. I'm glad you got that to-die-for fabric. It looks great made up into that dress.
MarijaSLO said... (1/21/08 3:16 AM) Reply
Great dress. It is much easier to wear it without a zipper. I hope you will wear it with pleasure. :)
Mahogany Stylist said... (1/21/08 0:15 AM) Reply
Great looking dress; well done.
SewKnitYKnot said... (1/20/08 11:47 PM) Reply
What a great dress! Very fashionable & very flattering.
lilyofthevalley said... (1/20/08 11:05 PM) Reply
Killer dress on a killer body! Your review was so specific and detailed, I feel like I know just what alterations I need for myself. Very, very tempting. -Lily
rosannec said... (1/20/08 10:36 PM) Reply
First thing I noticed is that your hair looks really great! The dress is awesome, too!! It's on my list of things to sew but I can never quite get there. Your review is inspiring!
EveS said... (1/20/08 9:55 PM) Reply
OMG! You are driving me to the edge of BWOF-land. Must refrain. Must refrain. That is a great dress, and your hair is FABULOUS too, BTW!!! Love the whole look!!
svenskaflicka said... (1/20/08 9:36 PM) Reply
That is seriously cute on you. Seriously.
Mahler said... (1/20/08 9:18 PM) Reply
You look fabulous with this trendy dress. That still is for you, do not doubt about it.
Vintage Joan said... (1/20/08 8:28 PM) Reply
Great dress! I remember going ga-ga over this one when I saw it online. Very classy/sassy!
CynthiaSue said... (1/20/08 8:25 PM) Reply
congratulations on finally getting your dress. This fabric is fabulous. you look so happy!
LindsayT said... (1/20/08 8:20 PM) Reply
Lookin' good!
Lori V said... (1/20/08 7:26 PM) Reply
Great dress, it looks fantastic on you.
MissCelie said... (1/20/08 7:21 PM) Reply
ohmigosh. i have to get on this one again. You look GREAT. It's sooo stinking cute!
Karen6790 said... (1/20/08 7:11 PM) Reply
This is such a great dress. I love that you and I both got hit with "must make dress" in NY, and both got our fabrics at Paron's. I'm definitely going to do a summer version, too. This was a great result for a first Burda project - congrats.
Nancywin said... (1/20/08 7:08 PM) Reply
Wow! Wow! Wow Girl! You look like a million bucks in this dress. What a great job you did! Also, you are so good at that self portrait thing. I never can do that.
marjenann said... (1/20/08 6:46 PM) Reply
Mission accomplished! You and the dress are perfect together! Really great look!
cindy-lou said... (1/20/08 3:30 PM) Reply
Thanks, Karla! If it does, I'll let you know...
Karla Kizer said... (1/20/08 3:07 PM) Reply
Fantastic. Looking this good will get you tossed out of the PTA in small town NC. ;-)
Birgitte said... (1/20/08 2:57 PM) Reply
Congrats on your first BWOF!!! You look spectacular in your creation!
crisford said... (1/20/08 2:42 PM) Reply
Great job on this dress! I also made this, so watch out for my review soon. I'm so glad to know that it works out in a wool jersey-- I bet the fit is impeccable!
Markie1 said... (1/20/08 1:30 PM) Reply
You look absolutely adorable! Congratulations on your first Burda Magazine project. i just finished my first one too and am now addicted. You "zenned" this dress and made it happen. SO worth it!!!!!
Stephenie said... (1/20/08 12:38 PM) Reply
Well worth the effort! You did an awesome job on this dress and it fits like a glove! You look great! I might just have to try Burda...
cindyann said... (1/20/08 11:55 AM) Reply
It's fab! You look wonderful and I love your new hair style.
ITAdmin said... (1/20/08 11:54 AM) Reply
Great looking dress! I'm eventually going to have to try a Burda.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (1/20/08 11:08 AM) Reply
Fantastic dress !! Looks FAB on you, way to go, all that hard work paid off.
Riordan said... (1/20/08 11:03 AM) Reply
Wow!!! Your dress is great, and you look wonderful!
Heatherrique said... (1/20/08 11:00 AM) Reply
Yeah! This looks so darling on you! I also like your supermodel action pose (Watch out Gisele Bundchen)! Great job on this, Cindy Lou! You are convincing me to try Burda WOF! Thanks!

Lolita Patterns Sugar Plum Pattern