Pattern Reviews> Folkwear> 219 (Intimacies)

Reviewed by:KathleenS

About KathleenSstarstar
NA AUSTRALIA
Member since: 11/18/02
Posted on:1/22/08 4:37 AM
Last Updated:1/22/08 4:37 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
Mary Stiefer said... (1/23/08 10:56 AM) Reply
This is absolutely gorgeous and so sexy. Love it
cindyann said... (1/23/08 8:27 AM) Reply
I also would like to thank you for reviewing this pattern. I have been looking for a slip pattern with interesting detail too! Love your version.
Athene said... (1/23/08 2:44 AM) Reply
Your slip is beautiful. I especially like the cut of the slip on the side view.
Sew_Creative said... (1/22/08 9:45 AM) Reply
Wow! this is a great finish if I didn't know better I would say this was bought of the rack, you are very good, and I like the color too.
Twinset said... (1/22/08 9:43 AM) Reply
Wow, that is SO cute! Congratulations! You make me think that I should get this pattern immediately!
Marji said... (1/22/08 8:10 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for this review. That is EXACTLY the design I've been trying to find for a couple of years, to replace an old but well loved slip. I'm ordering today. It is lovely on you.
KathleenS said... (1/22/08 7:15 AM) Reply
Thanks Quesie! It isn't interfaced. The facing provides some stabilisation for the top edge (in my amateurish understanding of it) and it doesn't need anything else. I increased the side seam allowances to 1" (they were 1/2") and stretched them slightly as I sewed them, having loosely basted them beforehand to provide a guideline for the width. I didn't realise that the hem photo was confusing. I've put both the front and back hems in the picture so you can see both sides of the hem. The white fabric is just the background that I used for contrast .

Every time I sew bias I use this Threads article as a very useful reference, if anyone needs tips.
Quesie said... (1/22/08 6:47 AM) Reply
Well, this is stunning. Could you tell me what you used to interface it, and what that white material is that you used for the hem? Did you use pressing techniques to stretch the bias, or extra-insurance side seams? You look beautiful in it, with or without the dress!

by: Karen Carr

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

J Stern Designs Ribbon Skirt Pattern