Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5105 (Woman's top)

Reviewed by:LindsayT

Super cute.
KathleenS said... (1/25/08 5:18 AM) Reply
Thanks Lindsay!
LindsayT said... (1/24/08 4:54 PM) Reply
KathleenS, yes, I think you would find the armhole to be snug-fitting, as overall the pattern has a close fit. But make a quick muslin just to be sure. I use a poly jersey that I get from WalMart for $1/yd for my muslins. Like I said in my review, watch the shoulder width. Also, the bodice length is short--you will need to add a couple of inches or so if you want it to look like all the RTW Ts out there. Good luck!
KathleenS said... (1/24/08 3:26 PM) Reply
Great top - I love the fabric. I am attracted to the sleeveless view of this pattern because of how snug the armhole seems to be in the pattern photo, without gaping. Based on your experience, do you think that it's realistic?
Lucy in Virginia said... (1/24/08 12:10 PM) Reply
The top and dress are lovely. Really like the ribbon addition. The top looks so much better than the pattern picture! Have DD watch a couple episodes of Project Runway. It may inspire her to create her own designs!
Deepika said... (1/24/08 10:36 AM) Reply
I love this top! And I really like the use of ribbon to create a faux empire waist look. Love it! Thanks for the warning about wide shoulders.
ChristineBR said... (1/24/08 9:52 AM) Reply
Everything's lovely. And the red dress is another blast from the past! I had one like it in--fanfare--Lurex. Have to think red satin is a huge improvement!
Stitchcakes said... (1/24/08 9:49 AM) Reply
Really cute!
Danvillegirl said... (1/24/08 5:28 AM) Reply
Lovely fabric and top.
Lori V said... (1/23/08 4:03 PM) Reply
Great top for you dd, love the fabric and the ribbon.
rivergum said... (1/23/08 1:42 PM) Reply
The top looks lovely and so does your daughter. And it's definitely time she learnt to sew if she wants a custom made wardrobe! You can always help with the tricky bits. BTW, the Free People website reminds me a lot of my days as a hippie chick in the 70ies.
CShelley said... (1/23/08 12:14 PM) Reply
Oh yes the awesome red dress. And now an incredible top. I'm lusting after that fabric! And I really like the addition of the ribbon. Your daughter is a lucky girl!
Em's Summer said... (1/23/08 11:38 AM) Reply
Great top and the red dress looks great, too! I can definitely understand why your daughter wants you to make her a Spring wardrobe!
AnneMarie60 said... (1/23/08 11:30 AM) Reply
Great look! You should enter this top into the RTW/Designer Knock-off contest!
pterion said... (1/23/08 11:04 AM) Reply
What an adorable top. That fabric is a real find!

BurdaStyle Magazine 08-2013-137