Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3531 (Misses jacket)

Reviewed by:seWhat

About seWhatstar
KY USA
Member since: 8/20/07
Posted on:1/23/08 11:57 PM
Last Updated:2/5/08 9:44 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

WJean said... (4/17/08 9:58 PM) Reply
Your jacket is very, very nice and looks great on you. Thanks for the review.
Jennifer Young said... (2/7/08 7:37 PM) Reply
Thanks for the additional info. Sometimes the straight lines work on me, sometimes not. Love the front of the jacket, so I think I'll make a muslin and go from there, maybe adding shaping to the back and/or sides. Thanks again for reviewing this!
seWhat said... (2/7/08 4:46 PM) Reply
The back fits fairly straight, but it would be easy enough to add darts to make it more fitted. I even thought about doing that. The pattern envelope says it is semi fitted, I don't know that I would agree because even the side seams are pretty straight up and down.
Jennifer Young said... (2/6/08 1:15 PM) Reply
Thanks for the excellent review. Lots of good tips and I like your vest idea. How does the back fit? I want to make this and wonder if I'd want to add a CB seam to add some shaping at the lower back.
cecelia said... (2/6/08 12:13 PM) Reply
I bought this pattern last year--nice to know it "works." Thanks for the review.
gatorgirl4325 said... (2/6/08 11:27 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket!
Betsybobbin said... (2/6/08 9:19 AM) Reply
Beautiful! The fabric is perfect!
carolynw said... (2/6/08 9:06 AM) Reply
Very, very attractive looking jacket - I had looked at this pattern and passed it over - now with your beautiful jacket I will have to re-consider
Shrazzy said... (2/6/08 6:04 AM) Reply
Beautiful.
Kim Winson said... (2/5/08 10:23 PM) Reply
beautiful jacket! I've overlooked this pattern previously but now it's on my wish list. thanks for the review!
Lisa Laree said... (2/1/08 3:53 PM) Reply
I just get the Wal-Green login page when I try to see the photos...
lilyofthevalley said... (2/1/08 6:38 AM) Reply
The wool jacquard sounds very luxurious. I can't see the details very well, but I can see that you've fitted it beautifully to yourself. Lovely. -Lily
seWhat said... (1/30/08 10:36 PM) Reply
You can tell I'm new to this stuff! I uploaded my pictures to the Walgreen site. I hope this worked this time.
Kay Y said... (1/30/08 10:33 PM) Reply
Beautiful fabric and it looks like a great fit! I can see your picture but access to the site you posted on is restricted to the people who own a Wild Ginger program. Check into a free photo host site for your PR review pics.
Nancywin said... (1/30/08 9:49 AM) Reply
I would love to see a picture of your jacket, but only get a link that asks me to sign in to Wild Ginger. Can you fix the link please?
sew2little said... (1/29/08 11:38 PM) Reply
I have finished this jacket recently--and will review it--and love it too.
Puppy said... (1/29/08 10:50 PM) Reply
I'm not able to see anything but the tiny photo in the gallery and I sure would like to because I have that pattern and it's one I was hoping someone would review!

Understanding Wool Fabrics