Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Last Updated:1/26/08 4:43 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
Seamingly Simple said... (1/27/08 10:15 PM) Reply
Let's start a new renaissance. Pears unite! We should all make these pants if they make us look as nice as you do.
ChristineBR said... (1/27/08 9:31 AM) Reply
Ditto ALL the comments. I really thought your figure was amazing in these pants.
wanderlustor said... (1/27/08 9:04 AM) Reply
Funny, I looked at your picture before reading the review and thought "I would kill for those legs." Looks like these pants were a huge success!
Karen8320 said... (1/27/08 7:41 AM) Reply
Frantic, you have every right to be feeling smug about these pants! I would be too. Congratulations on getting a fabulous fit. They look fantastic! Thanks for sharing your pictures showing comparisons of pants. I found everything about your review really helpful and you have inspired me to give pants sewing a go.
Schnauzer said... (1/27/08 3:21 AM) Reply
A really nice pair of pants. Congratulations, you have achieved a really good fit and you look fantastic wearing them.
Annette1 said... (1/27/08 0:54 AM) Reply
Wow, these look just GREAT on you! I say you can EASILY wear slim pants from here on out! I do the same thing as you with the side seam, by the way. I hate that "bump" most patterns have at the hipline, so I just straighten it out. Bravo! :o)
Leslie in NZ said... (1/26/08 6:19 PM) Reply
You look great and so do the pants. I think you are way too hard on yourself!! How much did you take these in to make them fit you?
marjenann said... (1/26/08 6:17 PM) Reply
Oh Frantic!! You look great! Very flattering pants!
avancleve said... (1/26/08 4:04 PM) Reply
What a great looking pair of pants!
Birgitte said... (1/26/08 2:48 PM) Reply
What a FANTASTIC job you did!!! They look AWSOME on you! Your pictures are so very helpful, as always, and everything you said is so true- the main thing is the silhouette, and you got one great one there!! Congrats!
nancy2001 said... (1/26/08 2:19 PM) Reply
You look wonderful in these black pants. They fit you beautifully and you should clone them.
Karen6790 said... (1/26/08 12:40 PM) Reply
Congrats on getting a pair of pants with a good fit. That's probably the hardest thing. Now that you've got the pattern down, you can make them in everything.
Nancywin said... (1/26/08 12:04 PM) Reply
You hit the jackpot on these! Now you will have to make them in a gazillion fabrics and colors! Well done!
sewbehind said... (1/26/08 11:17 AM) Reply
You look great in your pants.
cindy-lou said... (1/26/08 11:15 AM) Reply
Great fit on these pants! Nice work. And thanks for another review from this wonderful Burda issue!
Debbie Cook said... (1/26/08 10:51 AM) Reply
Nice fit! Now you'll have to make these at least 3 more times. ;-)
Riordan said... (1/26/08 9:44 AM) Reply
You look great in these pants--Congratulations on the wonderful fit! (I haven't made a pair of real pants for myself since 1986, and I think it's time. Your review is so timely and helpful for me!!) Thanks!
AnneMarie60 said... (1/26/08 9:32 AM) Reply
Your pants fit wonderfully! Thanks for the illustrative photos and pattern-alteration tips!
blue mooney said... (1/26/08 8:13 AM) Reply
Niiiiice! Isn't it great to have success with a new look? They look pretty spiff even without heels. I made this pattern, too, and got good results. Loved the pockets. Haven't reviewed yet, bad me.

by: Jstarr4250