Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5597 (McCalls, Palmer & Pletsch Suit)

Reviewed by:ALY

About ALYstarstar
Member since: 2/21/03
Posted on:1/26/08 10:31 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 7 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
See other patterns in this category: Suits / Separates
cheesemonkey said... (2/5/09 2:34 AM) Reply
Excellent review -- useful additional information.
Pati Palmer said... (12/23/08 2:52 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks great! Pati Palmer
AnneM said... (2/9/08 1:11 PM) Reply
Great job on the jacket. Distinctive but not too 'artsy'. Lovely color, also.
Heatherrique said... (1/31/08 1:15 AM) Reply
Absolutely breathtaking jacket! Wonderful job, Aly!
Lucy in Virginia said... (1/30/08 1:39 PM) Reply
Very unique jacket. In looking at the tucks, I noticed the lining--very pretty!
Nancywin said... (1/28/08 7:54 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket. The tucks in the front are very interesting and unique. You have a great plan going.
Linda G said... (1/27/08 5:22 PM) Reply
Your outfit is beautiful, I have studied that pattern, wondering what the construction method is now I know...make the jacket and then pleat. This jacket is modern looking with a vintage flair, very cute, when are McCalls patterns 99 cents again? I need this one!! Thanks for the review.
cecelia said... (1/27/08 4:33 PM) Reply
What a lovely jacket--the collar is so unusual. I really like it.
DivaQ said... (1/27/08 4:22 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern for the jacket. You did a great job!
cmarie12 said... (1/27/08 1:39 PM) Reply
I am not enamored with this jacket but you did a great job on the color and fabric choice! You are on your way to making another wonderful SWAP!
Darla in PA said... (1/27/08 11:21 AM) Reply
Your jacket turned out beautiful! I purchased this pattern just because of the detail. Give I'll have to busy and get it made.
Mary Stiefer said... (1/27/08 11:04 AM) Reply
Love the detailing at the neckline. What a great looking jacket.
Danvillegirl said... (1/27/08 11:01 AM) Reply
I just purchased this pattern a couple of weeks ago. Glad to see the jacket made up. Looks very nice.
carolynw said... (1/27/08 9:24 AM) Reply
Really different and lovely - nice work!
marjenann said... (1/27/08 9:03 AM) Reply
Wow!! That is a lovely jacket!! I just love the unique details. It truly looks like a designer garment!
CShelley said... (1/27/08 8:25 AM) Reply
Wow! I love this jacket! I'm always looking for something corporate but not boring and this fits the bill. Thanks for the review.
blue mooney said... (1/27/08 8:13 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks great. Thanks for reviewing - I think I need this pattern!
nellc said... (1/27/08 7:42 AM) Reply
This is a great jacket, the pleat detail at the front is really interesting, and the colour is lovely.
Marji said... (1/27/08 7:10 AM) Reply
That looks really nice. I just had a look through your flickr folder - you're really clipping right along. You've got all your required wardrobe pieces done, and they look great.
Karen8320 said... (1/27/08 7:06 AM) Reply
Aly, what an interesting design this is! I can imagine that pleating the front design with various layers of fabric must be a bit tricky, but you've done a great job.
RuthieSews said... (1/27/08 4:03 AM) Reply
That looks really really nice and oh so wearable. Aly you must be one sharp looking lady.
ITAdmin said... (1/27/08 3:19 AM) Reply
Beautiful job! The pleats are an interesting and unusual detail. Very pretty color, too.
Kaitlinnegan said... (1/27/08 0:24 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks wonderful! Any chance we could see a picture on you? I've had my eye on this pattern, but I wondered how it would look on a real person. I haven't really worn jackets much in the past, but I seem to be drawn to them. :) Very nice work!
Mahogany Stylist said... (1/27/08 0:13 AM) Reply
Your jacket look great! I recently bought this pattern and plan to make the jacket some time this spring.
Annette1 said... (1/26/08 11:44 PM) Reply
Oooo, very interesting. This is the first time I've seen this pattern made up (I was just looking at the pattern in my magazine that came today). Very pretty!
Mahler said... (1/26/08 10:50 PM) Reply
This is a very, very interesting jacket. I wonder if the tucks take their inspiration form Montana jacket Vogue 2921. They are placed differently but... who knows. Again, this is a great, great jacket !

by: Karen Carr