Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1033 (SB Today's Fit Blouse)

Reviewed by:carolynw

About carolynwstarstarstar
Member since: 3/19/05
Posted on:1/27/08 3:54 PM
Last Updated:1/27/08 4:01 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
marciae said... (4/10/08 3:58 PM) Reply
Wish I had thought to read the review first!! I found the sleeve too short and a bit snug - however, I can still wear. I'm thinking I need to remake and do some fine tuning.
fryman said... (1/31/08 4:23 PM) Reply
wow! that the sleeve is way too short is really very disappointing for the sewer. Can we ever be too careful?
Lucy in Virginia said... (1/28/08 7:06 PM) Reply
Cute fabric! Glad you could salvage the pattern flaws.
Tailypo said... (1/28/08 2:00 PM) Reply
Great results from a challenging patterns! Poor Sandra, didn't she just put out a pants pattern that Vogue messed up? I called and left a message at her office to give her heads-up on your problems (local call and it's my day off, so why not). I hope they are able to correct it quickly because I am very excited to purchase and sew up this pattern.
carolynw said... (1/28/08 12:02 PM) Reply
Irene - I made View B and used the View B sleeves - that view shows a cuff at the wrist - believe me that is not a possibility with the sleeve pattern
Irene Q said... (1/28/08 9:20 AM) Reply
Ummm, the view A sleeve is 3/4 length, according to the pattern. Is that why yours is so short??
carolynw said... (1/28/08 8:48 AM) Reply
Sue I am certain there were errors in drafting this - narrow sleeves are one thing but when you get the pattern you will probably laugh at the length of the sleeve - another day and my little huff is over but it's hard to pay the asking price for these patterns to find that there is such an obvious error - glad I got it on sale. May send SB a note - she is always on the ball with answers
moushka said... (1/28/08 3:18 AM) Reply
Darn! I missed the pattern sale! Shoot! And I had my SB patterns all picked out. For some reason I thought it was next week. Your fabric is lovely and really suits the pattern. Re: the narrow sleeves - I wonder if there's an issue with the pattern grading. I think Sandra wears a "C" in her line. There have been problems in the past with sleeves incorrectly graded up from the basic "C" draft. This might be another case of problems at Vogue that had nothing to do with Sandra's original draft. I'll have to wait for the next sale to get the pattern but you might want to email her and ask if she designed the pattern with a particularly narrow sleeve. Sue
Annette1 said... (1/27/08 7:30 PM) Reply
Well, your blouse turned out beautifully, but those sleeves are kind of a turn-off for me, mainly because I have fat arms. Whenever I hear "slim sleeves," my ears perk up. I was eyeing this pattern, too, because I liked the western yokes. If I do decide to make it, I'm glad you found all the quirks for the rest of us! :o) You've got the lines of the fabric lined up perfectly, piecing or no piecing!
cecelia said... (1/27/08 4:45 PM) Reply
Now I know why I didn't get this pattern--thanks for the warning on the sleeves. I do like your fabric print though. I have some similar in my stash and have been wondering what to do with it--now I know.
Ronda Rae said... (1/27/08 4:41 PM) Reply
very nice, clin! I really like this blouse. Now why would you just leave that great material in your stash? How long has it been in there? It's gorgeous. WTG! More stash gone.
Sew'n'go said... (1/27/08 4:33 PM) Reply
Wow! The pattern is just out - you're fast! Thanks for the review, especially with the caution about the sleeves. Your shirt looks great.
marjenann said... (1/27/08 4:16 PM) Reply
Wow, Clin!! That is one fantastic blouse!! I have been looking at that pattern, so I appreciate the tips on the changes that you made!! The design of the top really suits that lovely fabric!!

by: LM2HYD