Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5242 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:yorkshire lass

About yorkshire lassstarstar
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 3/23/06
Posted on:1/28/08 3:25 AM
Last Updated:1/28/08 3:31 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 55 people
RuthieSews said... (11/6/08 5:53 PM) Reply
It is absolutely gorgeous and you SOOOOOO deserved that win :-)
ceah said... (11/4/08 4:59 PM) Reply
I love everything about this jacket, the color, the ruffles, on and on. As soon as I saw your picture i thought "Anthropologie" It looks like something you can find on that site, which is one of my favorite sites! You did a great job and gave an awesome review. I am definitely adding this pattern to my stash! thanks.
TVS said... (7/30/08 12:31 PM) Reply
An excellent review and a lovely jacket,beautifully tailored. I shall most certainly make this jacket, so your comments will come in very useful.
jillzie said... (2/26/08 10:47 AM) Reply
the color and texture work well with this design, the one comment i do have is that maybe you should invest in a commerical gravity feed iron and press a bit longer with the clapper, other than that is is stunning!
jillzie said... (2/26/08 10:45 AM) Reply
goldenthreads said... (2/15/08 5:55 AM) Reply
That red boucle is gorgeous. This jacket really works!
RuthieSews said... (2/13/08 6:32 AM) Reply
You are deservedly the run away winner. Well done! What a lovely jacket.
Athene said... (2/12/08 3:27 AM) Reply
Congratulations on such a beautiful jacket and thanks for the very informative review.
LauraByrnes said... (2/11/08 2:25 PM) Reply
I LOVE this jacket...and thanks for the tips on altering the back - extremely helpful!!!
Lou05 said... (2/10/08 4:59 PM) Reply
A beautiful choice for your figure. It's flattering with a little (great) attitude. I agree - it looks much more inspiring than the pattern photo. Hats off for a job well done.
Grammy Gin said... (2/7/08 9:27 AM) Reply
Wow! what more can I say...everyone else said it all! Just gorgeous!!! ;-)
Squeezylemon said... (2/5/08 9:27 AM) Reply
Fabulous jacket, congratulations! I could just imagine myself swanning about in this feeling like a supermodel........ if only I were two sizes smaller! And that's why you are getting my vote in the Contest!
Ach said... (2/4/08 5:12 PM) Reply
I ran out this morning and bought the pattern just because of your results! SOOO much better in your version. Would love to see it on you
Bonnie O said... (2/3/08 7:26 PM) Reply
Stunning jacket! Thanks so much for the excellent instructions.
Elle D said... (2/2/08 9:22 PM) Reply
Fantastic. I passed over this when I saw it at Joann's, but it is now on my must buy list. Thanks for opening my eyes up to the possibilities! And congratulations on a gorgoues garment. It really goes beyond "jacket".
Elle D said... (2/2/08 9:21 PM) Reply
Fantastic. I passed over this when I saw it at Joann's, but it is now on my must buy list. Thanks for opening my eyes up to the possibilities! And congratulations on a gorgeous garment. It really goes beyond "jacket".
SewVeryTall said... (2/2/08 10:06 AM) Reply
I love that red boucle...beautiful jacket! You did a great job, this is so stylish, just gorgeous!
JulieP said... (2/1/08 7:15 PM) Reply
Beautiful! And such style.
Mahogany Stylist said... (2/1/08 6:41 PM) Reply
Too cute jacket and very well done.
ginaT said... (2/1/08 6:38 PM) Reply
Simply wonderful!!!!!!
Sew4Fun said... (2/1/08 5:09 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket!
solosmocker said... (2/1/08 5:04 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket. I bet that neckline is very flattering.
hongkongshopper said... (2/1/08 3:43 PM) Reply
What a stunning jacket. It is just gorgeous. The pattern envelope does not look half as lovely. You have done a beautiful job.
Dmd4106 said... (2/1/08 1:56 PM) Reply
What an amazing collar. Great job on the review too!
lilyofthevalley said... (2/1/08 6:04 AM) Reply
Your review is as informative as your jacket is striking. A perfect job on both! The neckline ruffle is "to die for"! Yes, this would be stunning in matelasse with an organza collar. -Lily
Elemenopeo said... (1/31/08 9:43 AM) Reply
Gorgeous - I love this style and you did an excellent job with it.
marjenann said... (1/30/08 8:50 PM) Reply
Fantastic style. Perfection!
edupraz said... (1/30/08 9:47 AM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket. I just love the fabric you chose. I've been meaning to sew up this pattern for quite awhile now...
Dia said... (1/30/08 9:14 AM) Reply
I love your jacket. I have bought the pattern and I thank you for the detailed comments.
Jan B. said... (1/29/08 3:02 PM) Reply
Sew much better than the pattern cover. Lovely jacket. Thank you for your thorough review--valuable information.
ChristineX said... (1/29/08 2:52 PM) Reply
Oh wow, what a hot jacket!!!!
So So said... (1/29/08 1:54 PM) Reply
Excellant result, quite couture, well couture too my type of sewing. you deserve to be pelased with it , tyou have spent a lot of time on it obviously and thought your processes out. Congratulations.
Marilyn N. said... (1/29/08 11:15 AM) Reply
I like your jacket better than the pattern photo, the fabric texture & color are wonderful.
yorkshire lass said... (1/29/08 5:51 AM) Reply
Everyone, thank you for all your lovely comments. You made me blush. I've worn the jacket to work this week and its really comfortable and warm too. Squirrellypoo, I get the interfacing at my local shop. If you want details, send me a PM (I tried to PM you and couldn't).
KathleenS said... (1/29/08 4:48 AM) Reply
The jacket and the fabric were totally worth the trouble! I would love to see a picture of the jacket on you if possible.
CynthiaSue said... (1/29/08 2:13 AM) Reply
oh boy, you guys are gonna make this impossible to judge. I'm so glad you mentioned the sleeves taking all day to set well. I felt like I was the only one suffering with hours and hours of sleeve setting. This is so adorable, totally designer worthy!
N_Vogue said... (1/29/08 0:13 AM) Reply
Awesome! Pattern, fabric and colour choices.
xtreme1 said... (1/28/08 11:05 PM) Reply
Simply put - WOW!
Twinset said... (1/28/08 8:32 PM) Reply
This is very, very cute, better than the pattern drawing! This is also an awesome color that we don't see very often. Congrats! You should definitely wear this with pride.
nancy2001 said... (1/28/08 7:38 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket.
Birgitte said... (1/28/08 2:48 PM) Reply
Such a gorgeous jacket- sooo feminine yet structured- LOVE IT!!!
Em's Summer said... (1/28/08 2:12 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks divine! Great style and color! And thanks for all of the info! You did a great job!
cabinbaby said... (1/28/08 1:34 PM) Reply
That's beautiful! I love that color too.
Markie1 said... (1/28/08 12:00 PM) Reply
This jacket is exquisite! I am going to have to read and reread what you did with the interfacing and hair canvas- it is awe inspiring. Great job on a beautiful garment.
loohoo44 said... (1/28/08 11:42 AM) Reply
wow, you can really tell how much work you put into this, the pictures are gorgeous! Congrats on your accomplishment.
CShelley said... (1/28/08 11:33 AM) Reply
Very striking! Perfect combination of fabric and pattern. I bet you look awesome in it! Enjoy and thanks for the review.
gatorgirl4325 said... (1/28/08 11:08 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket!
jaeng said... (1/28/08 10:55 AM) Reply
I love your jacket, it came out much better than original.
CharityAK said... (1/28/08 10:06 AM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket. Totally yummy. The fabric may have given you difficulties, but the result was amazing. The fabric totally suits the feminine cut of the jacket. You did a beautiful job.
ryansmumAria said... (1/28/08 9:39 AM) Reply
One of the best I've ever seen! Congratulations on a fabulous job
LindsayT said... (1/28/08 9:31 AM) Reply
Really wonderful jacket, timeless style. Nice work!
cathy45 said... (1/28/08 9:26 AM) Reply
What a cute jacket! Love the color and the ruffled collar.
Babs42 said... (1/28/08 8:48 AM) Reply
Great Classic look! Love the collar and you did a beautiful job! Enjoy it!
AnneMarie60 said... (1/28/08 8:33 AM) Reply
Beautiful fabric and color! This is a wonderful style, and you did a fantastic job sewing it. I love it.
slanden99 said... (1/28/08 8:32 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket. Love the back pleat and the ruffles
cindyann said... (1/28/08 8:30 AM) Reply
It's gorgeous! I love the color.
nellc said... (1/28/08 8:04 AM) Reply
This is a lovely jacket with such a pretty collar. The colour is great.
squirrellypoo said... (1/28/08 7:44 AM) Reply
That is absolutely beautiful - I love the ruffled collar! Thanks for all the info on the different types of interfacing, too - care to name your suppliers? I'm always on the lookout for UK shops...
Riordan said... (1/28/08 7:38 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful jacket!!! The fabric is gorgeous! Very helpful review.
Lori V said... (1/28/08 7:18 AM) Reply
This jacket is incredible. Thanks for the detailed review.
Debbie Cook said... (1/28/08 6:40 AM) Reply
Great little jacket! I love the color.
ITAdmin said... (1/28/08 5:29 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! Dynamite in that color.
jlg said... (1/28/08 5:13 AM) Reply
What a pretty jacket. I bet it is striking on.
Sigrid. said... (1/28/08 4:58 AM) Reply
This is a lovely jacket, I like that collar.

Made By Rae Buttercup Bag